Chapter 50 - Bes'bavar

"Bes'bavar" = "Cavalry"

"Ni kar'tayl gar darasuum" = "I love you", or literally; "I will know you forever"

A bright clash of white and green shrieked within the room. Pushing against one another, the light from the lightsabers were blinding if one were to gaze into fusing part of them. Grievous growled, leaning into his offence and adding more pressure against my saber.

My own knees strained to keep me standing, arms working the same to keep the burning blade away from biting into my skin. Shoving harshly against his saber, I managed to dodge to the left hand side and sting his torso with the opposite end of my dual lightsaber. Breathing heavily I brought it back up to block his incoming attacks as he swung with all four of his stolen sabers. Ahsoka better be out of here by now.

Having found his control room it was evident that he had been waiting for us. Either expecting us to escape or being informed by his guards shortly after we did. He wanted a fight. He wanted to be in this position that we currently found ourselves in, circling each other like two animals fighting for a piece of meat. Only I had forced Ahsoka to get out of here whilst I kept him busy. Like a fool, Grievous had our lightsabers in the open as he wanted the two of us together against him. But when I pushed her out of the room and told her to run, he was very unhappy with me. How long we had been engaged in this fight was beyond either of our knowledge. When locked in with a foe, time ceases to exist and you forget there is a world outside of this moment.

Freeing myself from my own bonds and shackles of containment, fighting had become much easier. From the lack of training and use over the years I had become a bit rusty at it and the graceful flow had become a jagged cutting pattern. But I still had all my training ingrained into me and managed to put up enough of a fight for Grievous to not chase after Ahsoka.

"You Jedi are lost! Your fighting is useless! Give in to me!" he roared as a flurry of blows came crashing down.

This is why I had always loved the dual ended lightsaber, it would not only give you an advantage in a normal fight; it could also be partly used as a shield and parrying several lightsabers became easier.

Grievous slowly walked towards me, sabers whirring through the air ferociously. My own flicked back and forth to block them, another screaming clash between them sounded over and over again. But as I got closer and closer to the wall I had to turn and spin it around me, feet sliding to the side as I flew under his metallic arms. As he turned around to face me I took the opportunity to switch over into the offence. Losing myself to the rhythm of the fight, the Force guiding me along to sense his following move, I seemed to move as if I danced to an old song of my past. My boots knowing where to step, my wrists twirling the saber to the sides and sweeping from above as my mind went into a state of serenity. The loud screams of them colliding kept the beat and the scraping of our feet turned into a melody.

"Argh!" he shouted as two of his arms came clean off.

Getting caught off balance by the attack, he had been flung backwards and the glowing brightness of my blade followed behind, slashing his knees. As I halted and breathed heavily, I came back to my senses realising what had happened. His tall legs with claw-like feet had been severed at the knees, rendering him unable to properly move.

Only being able to use his remaining arms to drag himself away slowly as he rasped, "Jedi scum!"

Standing up straight, still trying to catch my breath, a lazy smile bloomed, "I already told you, I am no Jedi."