1.

-
Psycho killer by talking heads played lowly on the radio as Sweeney Prescott sat by her desk doing her homework.

She hummed under her breath , tapping her fingers in rhythm with the song.

It was Friday, and Sidney wasn't home. She was at Tatum's house for a sleepover.

Sweeney knew it was Friday and that she should be out having fun with her friends, but she didn't really have friends and the only friend she had. Well, he was busy with his own girlfriend.

So, she was doing her homework instead, all alone in her house. As she was doing her homework, she heard a noise coming from outside.

Her window was slightly opened, letting the autumn night air into her room. Confused about what the noise was, she placed her pencil down in between her books and stood up.

Her socked feet walked quietly over to the window, her heart slowly starting to beat a bit faster.

"Ah!" A bird flew past the window, scaring Sweeney, and she jumped back in fright before letting out a deep breath of relief, and she chuckled to herself.

"Just a bird, Sweeney." She mumbled to herself before closing the window shut and locking it.

She heard more noises coming from outside, and it was starting to freak her out.

She knew never to investigate a strange noise but maybe it could be an animal, right? Maybe it needed help?

Sweeney was always a softie for animals, and her heart always ached when she saw an animal hurt and she couldn't leave it.

She glanced around her room before she grabbed the bat in her closet. It was from her days playing baseball when she was younger.

It was just for protection, just in case it wasn't an injured animal. She put on her shoes before she walked out of her room and down the stairs.

The house was pretty dark due to the lights not being turned on, but Sweeney could see in the dark. Plus, she knew the house like the back of her hand.

Her grip on the handle of the bat tightened as she slid the sliding doors open and walked into the back porch before walking down the stairs and into the backyard.

Her heart raced in her chest as she neared the side of the house, bat raised, ready to swing if someone came out.

Her eyes widened slightly as she heard whispering, and the whispering got closer.

She rounded the corner, "Stop!"

"Shit!" She heard a curse before a thud, and she let out a scream at whoever landed in front of her.

She swing the bat, "fuck! Sweeney!" Sweeney paused, bat raised, ready to swing again, her heart ready to explode in her chest, her eyes widened.

"S-Stu?" She breathed out ,"and Billy." Sweeney looked down at Billy, who was lying on the ground in front of her, groaning.

"What..what the hell?!" She questioned, eyes darting between the two boys. "You guys almost gave me a heart attack!"

"Sorry, Sweeney. We just didn't know if you were asleep or not." Stu sheepishly replied, helping billy up from the ground.

"So..so you decided to sneak into my house late at night instead of knocking on the door like normal people do?" Sweeney questioned in disbelief

"And why are you here? I thought you were at Casey's? And Billy, Sidney isn't here. She's at Tatum's." She told them

"Why don't you put the bat down before you decide to swing at us again?" Billy suggested, eyeing the bat, and Sweeney lowered the bat.

"Sorry." She mumbled ,"Um, Casey dumped me, and I was heading over to your house cause I thought maybe you had ice cream and cheesy rom con movies to watch?" Stu said, and Sweeney eyes softened.

"Oh, stu," she whispered ,"still doesn't explain why Billy is here?" She said and stu chuckled

"He was heading over to your house cause he needed to talk to Sidney." Stu told her

"And I'm staying cause my back hurts from falling from the side of your house, and you owe me for making me fall, so you can't kick me out." Billy said, and Sweeney sighed

"I wasn't going too," she mumbled, "Okay, I have enough ice cream for the three of us, and I have the notebook, so, come on."

Stu and Billy shared a look as Sweeney turned around.

A silent conversation passing through them. "Come on, or else I'll lock you guys outside!"

"Coming Sweeney!"

------------------------

Word count - 757

First chapter!

Hope you enjoy!