29.

-

Stu had been on the road for a couple of days. He knows that Billy and Sweeney probably woke up already, and they probably didn't listen to what he wrote and are probably a couple of days or hours behind him.

He hasn't been sleeping well. Every time he closes his eyes, all he can see is himself killing Billy and Sweeney.

The voices never left. They were always there, and Stu hurt himself to get rid of the voices.

His arms were littered in scars, but he couldn't find another way to get rid of the voices.

Stu let out a sighed, noticing that it was getting dark. The car started to make a noise before it completely stopped.

"Shit, no, no, oh come on!" He groaned. The car was out of gas. "For fuck sakes!"

He got out of the car, slamming the door shut. He was in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by woods, and he's pretty sure that there wasn't a gas station nearby.

"Stupid car!" Stu shouted, kicking the side of the car before he sighed. "Fucking dumbass, you should've fueled it up back at the gas station." He mumbled to himself.

He grabbed his stuff from the car before he started to walk. No use waiting around.

- -

"-slow down." Sweeney told Billy, placing a hand over his, and Billy glanced at her before focusing on the road.

"I'm just trying to catch up with Stu, and I can't do that if I'm driving like an old lady." Billy replied, shoving her hand off of him.

Sweeney rolled her eyes at him, "Yeah? And you won't be able to if you get pulled over for speeding, Dumbass."

Billy sighed before slowing down a bit. He ran a hand through his hair, "Sorry, it's just.. there's something wrong with him, Sweeney,"

"You didn't want to hurt us. He would never hurt us, and he was saying something about the voices, I'm worried about him, the longer he is away from us, away from me, he can hurt himself or someone can hurt him, or they can take him away and we won't ever find him." Billy told her, clenching the steering wheel tighter.

"You think it was because he shot himself in the head?" Sweeney questioned, and Billy shook his head.

"No, it was before that, I think we did it to him." Billy said, and Sweeney looked at him confused.

"What do you mean?" She questioned, and Billy glanced at her before scoffing.

"Come on, you aren't stupid, Sweeney." Billy told her, and Sweeney thought about it before she came to a realization.

"The time we used him." Billy nodded his head.

"It fucked with his head, Sweeney. He tried to tell us, tried to warn us but we fucking ignored him because we were angry at each other. We fucked him up," Billy punched the steering wheel.

"This is our fault." He punched the steering wheel again.

"Hey! Not while you are driving! You're gonna crash and kill us!" Sweeney told him, and Billy pulled over, the car coming to a screeching halt.

"We broke him, Sweeney, and all he ever did was love us!" Billy let out a frustrated shout as he punched the dashboard.

His knuckles were bleeding, but he didn't care.

"We'll fix it, Billy. We are going to find him, and we are going to be there for him, no matter what." Sweeney said, grabbing Billy's bloody hand in hers.

His hands were shaking in frustration. "Now, I'm gonna drive while you calm yourself down."

- -

Stu found a place in the woods to camp out for the night. It was near a lake. He sat near the lake, his knees pressed against his chest, staring at the water that's reflecting the moon.

It looked beautiful.

There was a crunch behind him, but he didn't turn around. Then there were heavy footsteps behind him, and he lifted up his head, seeing a huge man with a machete.

He blinked. "Jason Voorhees?" He quietly questioned before he sighed. "I don't mind if you kill me, I don't really care."

Jason voorhees stared at the teenage boy in front of him before he lowered the machete.

Something inside of him was telling him to protect this teenage boy instead of hurting him, and it confused him.

Stu stared at Jason, confused. Why wasn't he killing him? He watched as Jason sat down next to him, copying his position.

Neither of them spoke , just stared at the lake.

----------------------

Word count - 757

Hope you enjoyed!

- -

Thank you, The-real_one ,for the idea of Stu camping out in Crystal Lake!