30.

-

The water felt cold at first before it slowly turned warm. Stu stopped until the water reached his chest. It was morning now, and stu hasn't left yet.

Jason was gone when Stu had woken up. It was weird that stu slept peacefully for once. Maybe he just needed someone next to him.

He always had someone next to him whenever he slept. It was always Billy, then it was Sweeney.

Now, he didn't have them anymore, and that was for the best. He was losing himself,and he didn't want to hurt them anymore.

Billy and Sweeney would get over him soon after they realized that he was exhausting and that he wasn't worth it.

Stu let out a small sighed before he went under the water, and he didn't fight. He didn't fight as the water burned his lungs, as his body put itself in self pilot, and tried to swim up, to resurface, and get some oxygen in his body, but it didn't.

Two arms wrapped around his waist, and they dragged him out of the water, and he let himself get thrown against the ground.

He let out a small groan as his body connected with the ground, and he squinted his eyes as the sun beamed down on them.

He turned to the person who dragged him out of the water, and it was jason.

Jason stood above him, dripping water, just staring at him with a titled head.

"I was trying to drown myself, you know? It's not like it matters that I die, I'll just come back." Stu mumbled, sitting up and looking down at his arms that were covered in dirt that was slowly turning into dry mud with the water.

Stu sighed as he slowly traced the scars on his arm. "Think I'm gonna leave soon, just need some gas, you have any?"

Stu lifted his head and looked at Jason, who walked away, and Stu sighed once more, but he noticed from the corner of his eye that Jason stopped and turned to look at him.

Stu stood up and decided to follow him, Jason started to move again once stu caught up with him.

Neither talked, and it wasn't like Stu had much to say anyway, and it wasn't like Jason was going to reply.

Jason led Stu further into the woods. Stu was having some deja'vu as they walked further in the woods.

He missed the hideout, and he missed Randy's stupid jokes. He missed Billy and Sweeney, but he couldn't go back.

Stu snapped out of his thoughts when he smacked against something, and he winced a bit before he noticed that he bumped into Jason's back.

Stu peaked his head from behind Jason and saw cars, some in good shape, others in bad shape, and some in horrible shape.

Rust covered half the cars, Jason pushed him forward, and Stu stumbled a bit, "Hey, watch the strength, man."

Stu went over and checked the cars. Some of them still worked and had gas. "I'll take this one." Stu said after a minute.

"Um," Stu turned to face Jason with a hesitant look on his face, "Can.. can I just stay one more day? Kinda feels like I need to drown myself before I go." He joked with a small smile.

Jason took a step forward and stu let out a small laugh, "joking! It was a joke, jeez lighten up, man, I just need one more day to gather myself, alright? Then I'll go drown myself in a different lake."

Jason turned around and walked away, and Stu chuckled to himself before he frowned slightly.

That was the first time in days that he ever felt like this. Maybe it was because he was around someone who understood him in more ways than Billy and Sweeny could.

Stu ran to catch up with Jason, "Hey, man, so, do you like talk? I mean, it's fine if you don't, do you know sign language? I had to learn it after my dad broke my jaw, and I couldn't talk for months,"

"I can show you if you don't know, it's easy once you get the hang of it." Stu told him, and Jason glanced at him before slowly nodding his head.

Stu smiled, "Cool!" A mischievous glint appeared in his eyes, and a small smirk appeared on his lips.

"First thing first, learn how to curse in sign language!"

---------------------

Word count - 745

Hoped you enjoyed!