8.

-
The next, Sweeney and Casey walked down the hallway together. Everyone looked at them as they walked by, and they started to whisper to each other.

Sweeney used to be bothered by the whispers, but now she simply doesn't care.

Stu was by his locker when he saw Sweeney. His eyes widened at the sight of her. His heart was thumping loudly in his chest.

"Sweeney." He called out her name, and she stopped in front of him along with Casey.

"Love the new look. You both look great." He told them with a smile on his face, but his smile slightly wavered as he noticed that Sweeney wasn't smiling.

He remembered that she would always smile his way, but now, her expression seemed like she was simply bored right now.

His heart completely stilled at that thought. Casey forced a smile on her face ,"do you have something important to say?"

Stu's eyes met her eyes, and he tensed.

"Don't speak unless you have something important to say!" The voice of his mother rang in his head.

"God dammit boy! Stop running your mouth and shut up until you have something important to say!" The voice of his father followed after.

"I just wanted to say you guys look beautiful, and I like this new you, Sweeney." Stu told them

"Thanks, Stu, but I didn't need you to tell me that cause I already know." Sweeney replied her tone cold and stu resisted the urge to flinch at it.

"Your opinion doesn't matter! It will never matter!"

"I already know, Stuart! Stop talking!"

"Oh, are you free later? We can hang out. We can go to the bookstore and -" he cut himself off, he heard Casey let out a small laugh.

"You? Go to a bookstore? Now that's hilarious." She said

"You will never be smart enough, Stuart! So quit acting like you will be."

"Why did I have to have such an idiot for a son? Never be good enough for anything."

Stu clenched his fist as the bell rang ,"Great, you wasted our time." The two girls walked away from him.

"Birthdays are such a waste of time. Why should we waste our time celebrating your birthday? You are not special, Stuart."

"You're such a waste of time, Stuart. People will always get bored of you so easily because they will realize that you are nothing to be wasting their time on."

"Shut up." He mumbled. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He let out a deep sighed and opened his eyes.

He closed his locker before he headed to class. His heart was breaking with every step he took.

He arrived at class and saw Billy already there, glaring at Sweeney and Casey.

Stu went over and took a seat next to Billy, and Billy turned his head to look at him.

Billy's glare softened as he noticed the look in stu's eyes. "Hey, you okay?"

Stu forced a smile on his face and let out a small laugh ,"Yeah, man. Why wouldn't I be?"

Billy stared at stu, and stu just smiled at him. Billy sighed and returned to glare at Sweeney and Casey, who were laughing.

When Billy wasn't looking, stu let the smile on his face fall. He was exhausted just by pretending to smile.

The teacher passed out graded tests, and the teacher smiled at stu. "My favorite A student."

It was another on A+ on the stupid test. Another 100 percent, but what was the point of it if nobody was ever going to knowledge his intelligence?

What was the point of anything he did if nobody was going to be proud of him?

--------------------
Word count - 619

Hope you enjoy!