9.

-
Sweeney was at her locker alone since Casey was off with Steve, and Stu came over to her. "Sweeney, I'm sorry for whatever I did." He said

"What?" Sweeney asked, glancing at him before she shut her locker and fully turned to look at him.

"Earlier, when you and Casey -" stu was cut off by Sweeney as she chuckled ,"we were just joking around, stu."

"You do it all the time with your friends."She told him and stu let a laugh ,"Right, joking."

"So, I um..I didn't do anything wrong, right?" He asked, and Sweeney shook her head. "Nope."

Stu smiled, "say, you wanna have lunch with me?" Sweeney questioned, and stu nodded.

"Sure."

Sweeney and stu headed to the cafeteria, "I was serious when I said you look beautiful. I mean, you've always looked beautiful, but I like your new look."

"Thanks." Sweeney said as they entered the cafeteria.

Casey smirked to herself, and she pushed herself off Steve's lap, and she got on top of the table.

"Babe, what are you doing?" Steve questioned, "Yeah, Casey, get down from there." Henry told her

Casey ignored them , "Can I have everyone's attention?!"

The cafeteria quiet down and looked at her. "I'm sure you all know who I am, but do you truly know Stuart Macher? Also known as Stu Macher?"

Everyone turned to look at stu, who was confused, "So, we all know that he likes girls, right?"

Stu's eyes widened, knowing where this was going. "Well, guess what? He also likes boys, and he doesn't even top."

People started to whisper and point at stu and stu turned to look at Sweeney, betrayed.

"You.. you knew about this?" Sweeney didn't say anything, but her face said it all.

Stu ducked his head as tears made their way into his eyes. "You.. you don't do that to your best friend, Sweeney. That's just mean."

"Come on, stu. It's just a joke. You and your friends always do jokes like this." Sweeney told him

"A joke? A fucking joke? Is that what you think of me? That I'm a fucking joke?" Stu scoffed before he turned around and walked out of the cafeteria and Sweeney followed him.

"What the hell was that, Casey?" Jessica questioned, crossing her arms, and Casey got off the table.

"What? It was just a joke." Casey said, and Henry shook his head. "You just outed him in front of everyone? Why would you do that?"

"It was just a joke and stu used to do it all the time." Casey defended herself.

"Just a joke?" Steve asked in disbelief, "he didn't deserve that. Stu didn't make people the butt of the joke. He didn't out people. Stu actually jokes about something funny but not about someone else."

"Yeah. Stu's not a bully, Casey. Did you forget how much of an amazing boyfriend he was? He was a sweetheart, and you broke up with him and did this? I can't believe this shit." Jessica said, standing up and walking away.

Henry shook his head ,"I'm just disappointed in you, Casey."

- -

Stu wiped his tears that just wouldn't stop falling. He was just humiliated and outed in front of the whole school.

"Would you stop being such a crybaby about it?" Sweeney told him, and stu turned around to face her.

"What's your problem with me, Sweeney? What did I do to you that made you do this to me?" Stu questioned, his eyes full of hurt

"Come on, it wasn't that bad." Sweeney said, and that was stu's final straw.

"Not that bad!?" He snapped, and Sweeney slightly flinched at his tone.

"You and Casey outed me in front of everyone, Sweeney! I trusted you with that information about myself, and you go and tell Casey about it! And Casey tells the whole school! You were being mean to me the whole day, and it's not that bad!?"

"I know that you want to change Sweeney. I know that you don't want to stay hidden in Sidney's shadow anymore, but that's the thing! You never were!"

"We saw you! We saw Sweeney Prescott, the sweet, kind, Sweeney. My Sweeney, my best friend. I supported you! I was there for you! And you," stu ranted, glaring at Sweeney

"You betrayed me. You broke my trust in you. Now, because of you and Casey, my parents are going to find out, and if you think you had a bad life, well think again, Sweeney,"

"Cause when you were in your little self-pity bubble, everyone else life's fell around you." Stu took a deep breath

"I hope you like your new self. I hope you like your new best friend cause you and me? We're done, we're fucking done. I don't care if I love you, I don't care if this is breaking my fucking heart, but we're done." Stu spat out y

Sweeney eyes widened ,"you..you love me?"

Stu scoffed, "of course that's what you get from all of this."

"Go to hell Sweeney Prescott."

-----------------------------

Word count - 844

Hope you enjoy!

- -

Don't worry, Sweeney and stu's relationship will be fixed. It's just for plot. I'm so sorry for the angst between them.