one

FANTASIA

"Ok so I'm gonna need for everyone to take out their homework. If you haven't completed it you will get points taken off"

"Ms B?"

"What is it Laila?"

"I put ya picture on my mirror"

the whole class laughed. i couldn't even be mad at her, i joined in on it.

"Start to blush when somebody says ya name" i sang.

"See that's why we like you, you can laugh and play with us and not be serious all the time like the other teachers"

"Well good thing I'm not the other teachers. There is an on and off button with me so we can't get too carried away"

"We understand"

"Y'all know this one of my favorite class periods"

"Of course we know

"Ok sass. Complete this assignment and put it on my desk when the bell rings"

after a few hours the bell rung..

"Ok I will see y'all tomorrow. Have a good rest of the day"

"You too" they said in unison.

as i walked in the house i threw my keys on the table and went upstairs. took all my clothes off and got in the shower. i had a long day and i just needed to relax. i heard the front door open and close as i stepped out.

it was Taraji with a dozen roses.

"I hope you bought those for yourself"

"Really? I got them for you"

"Well I don't want those. Give them to somebody you actually care about"

"What does that even mean? I care about you more than anything"

"You weren't even there when our baby took his last breath nor did you attend his funeral because you was too busy fucking that bobble head whore of yours"

"I never touched her. She was lying about all of that in which I've told you a million times. I was drunk out of my mind when those pictures came out"

"You told me the same lie a million times. You're no different than Kendall sorry ass."

"Okay now what we not gon do is compare the two. I never once lied to you, never put my hands on you, never cheated on you, nothing. The only fucked up thing I ever did that I regret to this day was getting drugged and missing my baby's service, yes I'm sorry. I wish there was more I could do or say to make you understand just how sorry I am"

"You got drugged?"

"No I meant...I meant drunk"

"Don't lie to me"

"I meant drunk, I got drunk"

"The lies never stop do they? Go home, T"

we lived together, her things are still here. after her missing out on the most important days of our life i told her to leave the house. on top of that, she can't even be truthful with me about anything she does.

                                     TARAJI

                                     TARAJI.

it's been 3 weeks since i last talked to Fantasia. i just keep my distance, it's obvious she doesn't want me around anymore and i don't wanna force anything that's not there.

"This never fails with you two"

Danielle was sick of our shit too.

"I've failed at everything when it came to her. I missed my own son's funeral Dani, how messed up is that?"

"No that's fucked up"

someone called her.

"This is she"

...............

"THE OPRAH WINFREY?!"

.................

"Of course I'm available for the roll, thank you so much!"

"What's going on?"

"The Color Purple, she wants me to be Sophia!!!!!"

"Congratulations, girl!"

"Thank you! Me and Tasia finna have a ball baby"

"Where you two going?"

"They called her two weeks ago asking her to play Celie"

"Wait what?"

"Yeah, she ain't tell you?"

"Well obviously not"

"She barely accepted the offer"

"Why?"

"Not sure. I'll see you later though. Hopefully they call you for a roll, im praying on it"