eleven

TARAJI

TARAJI

"So what we gon do for a whole nother hour?"

"What you wanna do?" Fantasia asked interlocking our hands.

"Go to sleep. I don't think I can do the rehearsals today"

"What the hell did Fantasia do"

"What? I ain't do nothing"

"Then what's wrong with Taraji legs and shit?"

"She probably fell"

"Lady O!!"

for some odd reason Fantasia removed my hand from hers when she saw Oprah.

"Why'd you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Let go of my hand when she walked in like as if you scared she gon see or something. You still in hiding?"

"No I'm not hiding I just—"

"Just what? Care about what the fuck she gotta say?"

"Taraji"

"Don't touch me"

"Ladies and Gentleman, how is everyone doing this morning?"

"Good" they said in unison.

*incoming call from Arkeisha* i hung up and continued listening.

"So today are the rehearsals as you all may know. The bus will be here in exactly one hour and thirty minutes. I need each and everyone of you to be there. This is gonna be a long journey, but I can guarantee you it's gonna be worth it in the ending. Good day, folks!"

"Are there any spas here?"

"I'm not sure"

"I'm not talking to you. Danielle are there?"

"I don't know, but I'll ask someone upfront"

"Thank you"

"Always"

"So we finna go through this "ignore fantasia" phase again?"

"So we finna go through this "let go of Taraji's hand cause an eighty something year old woman walked in" phase again? What are you so afraid of?"

"I'm not afraid of anything. Everyone doesn't know about us yet and I—"

"Us? Since when was there an "us" ?"

"What does that even mean Taraji don't start"

"No, I'm serious. You fuck my brains out one day and the next you're embarrassed to be seen holding hands with me? Im no one's secret, remember that"

"Taraji..."

"Turns out, they have no spas in this hotel, but there is one a few blocks down from here"