sixty seven

TARAJI

as tasia drove, i stared out the window with my knuckles sitting under my chin. on the first day, and it's already starting off wrong. i may have overreacted a little. i guess i just have to learn how to agree to disagree without getting so upset when someone disagrees with me.

we pulled into panera bread drive thru.

"Hi, what can I get for you today?"

"I'll have the Chipotle chicken avocado melt."

not she ordering my favorite thing to get from here.

"For your drink?"

"Unsweetened tea"

"Will that be all?"

"No, I have a second order"

"What can I get you on the second one?"

"Hold for a second, please"

she pulled out her phone and called someone.

"You hungry?"

...

"I'm at panera bread. Do you want something from here?"

...

"Okay" she ended the call.

"Ok, hey, im sorry. For the second order, I'll have the broccoli cheddar soup bowl and apple juice for the drink"

"Ok, will that be all?"

"Yes."

"The total for the first order is fourteen ninety six, and the second order is twelve twenty eight."

"Ok, thank you"

"You not gon get you nothing?"

she completely ignored me.

"Can you repeat the total for me, please?"

"Yes, ma'am. The first order was fourteen dollars and ninety six cent. For the second order, it was twelve dollars and twenty-eight cents."

after handing her the money, she got the change and drove to the window where the food was.

"There you go, have a nice day!"

"Thank you and you as well"

reaching over to grab the food from her hands while she grabbed the drinks. i was still confused. we've been in this car for almost thirty minutes, and she hasn't said a word to me.

i put my feet up on the dashboard. its one of her biggest pet peeves. only this time, she didnt even bother to remove them like she always does.

i took them down and exhaled loudly.

"Ok, I know I walked out, but that doesn't mean you have to act as if I'm not here"