fifty eight

     TARAJI

after we dropped the other two off we went straight home. i was silent the whole drive due to how pissed i was, but also relieved that she and her friends are ok.

"Mama"

"Don't you say a word to me. What the hell was you thinking?"

"I wasn't thinking"

"Obviously. Kayla why did you lie and tell me you were going to a concert?"

"Because I knew you wouldn't let me go to the party"

"NO SHIT! You only nineteen. The party was for people twenty one and older. Oh and let's not talk about the fake ass IDs. Why just why? Anything could've happened to you!"

"I'm fine now..."

"Do you- you think it's a joke? You don't realize the danger you put yourself in?"

"Danger?"

"I went to the club you and ya friends was at. To my surprise the same guy that owns the club is the one who tried to drug me. Taylor, your other friend the only one who has sense, she told me a guy invited y'all. Which is why I'm even more pissed and disappointed because that could've been you and how do you think it would've made me feel if he had taken you somewhere you've never been. Did you even think about the twins before making a stupid ass decision like that?"

"Yes, but I wanted to live... I wasn't thinking negatively"

"You wasnt thinking at all. If there's an age limit for a party you're not old enough to attend why would you go through with it instead of stopping to think about the consequences. You know what... You will be grounded for a year and maybe more than that. No devices, no car, no nothing. Everything that was ever bought for you will be taken away! You think the whole being cooped up in here thing was something oh baby you are in for one. inmate 55324, bye"

"But ma-"

"But nothing! Get out of my face."

i didn't like being so aggressive with her, but she has to learn that the sweet Taraji can also turn into demon. i love her too much to sit around and let her think it's ok to make bad decisions.

i went and took every device i could find.

"Mama I need my phone"

"That's too bad. I needed you to answer, but did you do that? No."

"Could you take me to get my kids"

"You ain't going nowhere. He could bring them here."

"I'm gonna need my phone to tell him that"

"Make it quick."

basically everything will be "no" from now on. when she was receiving the "yes" from me, she took it for granted and now she has to earn that back and it's gonna take alot of work.