fifty six

KAYLA

                                KAYLA

"....dad?"

"Babygirl"

"I thought..."

"I know everybody thought I was dead"

"Where did you go?"

"First I went to Vegas and I came here a few weeks afterwards. It had got hot round them parts and I had to catch out. Been here  ever since."

"How did you know I'd be here?"

"I'll tell you everything at the house"

i didn't know if i wanted to be pissed, happy, or sad.

we made it to where we were going. he ran to open my door. i slowly got out...

"I'll normally say take ya shoes off, but you get a pass"

"Dad what's going on? Why'd you fake your death?"

"I had to do something in order to get up out of Atlanta it was too hot. After I found out the niggas was coming to my spot to kill me I faked it. The news, paramedics...all fake. I had to pay them niggas a large amount of cash to put that shit over the news."

"So you was never sick?"

"Everything was fake except for the wreck. I was never sick, never died clearly, and so on. I left clues at yo aunt and mama door. The car key was left with a note, I put my name on it, but it was scrambled ion even think y'all caught onto it. The police was starting to get involved so I ended that. I was there at yo graduation too, I saw you when you got yo car, I seen my grandkids when you took em back to Raji crib I just couldn't see they face. I was always watching"

"Are you ever gonna come back?"

"I gotta handle something before I leave here"

i put my head down. the tears i was holding back finally came down.

"I missed you"

"I missed you everyday after I left"

"Mama is gonna kill you when she finds out you kidnapped me"

"I kidnapped you?"

"Yes dad you did, but you're my dad so not necessarily or maybe you did... I don't know. I wanna stay here with you, can I?"

"Yeah of course. Wait hold up what you doing in Texas?"

"Uh...well I"

"Don't lie to me Kayla"

"Ok I lied and told momma I was going to a concert, but I actually went to this party for twenty one and older"

"Since when you started doing shit like this?"

"It wasnt my idea"

"That's not what I asked you"

"I don't know"