forty two

a week later.....

                                     TARAJI

                                     TARAJI

finally after a week i was discharged, Logan was discharged two days before me. he's still a bit upset with me, but he knows i'll make it up to him. he went back to his hometown with his family. me and f— nevermind. my security guards took me home, i immediately grabbed my keys and headed out the door. i missed my other car, but it is what it is.

i drove over to Dani's house to get Kayla. i missed my baby.

"Hey girl hey" Dani said hugging me.

"Hey! Where is my favorite girl"

"She in the shower right now. She should be out in a few"

"Okay"

"So, how you been?"

"Good...."

"Hmm"

"What?"

"I know you ain't been good I can tell by the way you said it. What's going on now"

"Dani, respectfully, I really don't wanna discuss that"

"Well I'm here if you wanna talk"

"I know and thank you again for everything"

"Always and forever"

"How you been though?"

"I been practicing the 'Hell No' song and movements over and over for the last few weeks"

"Shit I forgot about that damn movie. How many days do we have?"

"Two weeks actually. I don't think I'm ready."

"Don't chicken out now Shug Avery"

"Im not, but it's faces I don't wanna see."

"Trust me I get it, but I've never let that get in the way of my blessings. Ignore and let it be."

"You know big mouth Taraji always has something to say. I'm just scared of what'll come out my mouth because it's only so much I can take until I blow up"

"Don't I know it...my cheating ass husband"

"Ok no I'm sorry about that."

"Oh girl forget his ass, you ain't lie. I only told you I had a husband to make it sound good that man been gon three months now, I moved on"

"So then who's the new guy? I see a glow on you"

"His name is Dwayne but everybody call him Wayne..."

"Wait wait hold up... Dwayne what?"

"Wade"

"Oh. Ok that's nice"