Dino

Imagine for MayuriShina
{part 2 of the last Dino post btw Dino's gonna be able to drive a car.}
_________________________________

It had been a week since Dino had given you his comics and you'd finally had the courage to call him. Your favourite must have been 'Avengers'. That was thing you loved about your new best friend, he liked the same things as you. You never ran out of anything to say to each other. It was always exciting and different.

You pressed your ear against your phone and waited for him to answer. You were quite nervous, this was the first time you'd called him since he'd given you his number.

"Hello?" You heard a boy's voice from the other end.

"Um, hi. It's Y/N." You said anxiously. You were always bad at talking to people on the phone.

"Oh, Y/N! Hi. I was hoping you'd call me! How'd you find the comics? Aren't they the best things you've ever read? What was your favourite? Would you like to borrow some more?" Woah, this boy talked a lot.

"I loved them! They maybe be one of the best things I've read, but you'll have to persuade me. My favourite is the Avengers one you gave me."

"Oh, same! Would you like to borrow more of them?" You could hear him smile threw the phone. He was really hyperactive. After a while you two got lost on conversation. It was a lot easier to talk to Dino compared to anyone you know.

You'd been talking for a while now and you were laying down on the bed. There was comfortable silence on the line, which Dino broke.

"Oh, look at the time... It's nearly midnight." You could hear the tiredness in his voice. You imagined his eyes closing while he listened to the sound of your voice.

You looked over to your clock and sighed. "Yeah, I guess it is..." There was another few minutes of silence. Good thing it wasn't a school night.

"Hey, Y/N, are you still there?" He asked and you hummed to let him know you were listening.

"I'd really like to take you out on a date..."

Your eyes shot open with surprise. This had never happened to you before. "Sorry, what?"

"I really like you, Y/N. Will you go out with me tomorrow? I'll pick you up and everything." He sounded nervous as if you'd reject him.

It took you a couple of minutes to answer. You didn't want to ruin your friendship, however you couldn't deny the attraction you felt towards him.

"Yeah, I'll go out with you." You whispered into the phone. For a minute you were worried he didn't hear you.

"What? Oh, yes. Sorry I thought you were asleep. Uh, yeah I'll pick you up tomorrow around 7? Okay, yeah. I better be going then. Good Morning Y/N." With that he hung up. You looked at the clock to see it reading 00:10. You would never have noticed.

The next day you spent worrying about what you should wear. Your insecurities popping up. You decided on a casual dress. You sat on your sofa and tried to stop your legs shaking. The door bell rang and your tried to swallow you nerves.

"Woah, Y/N... You look amazing." Was the first thing he said once you opened the door. It gave you a big confidence boost.

He didn't look too bad himself. He grabbed you hand and pulled you towards his car. He soon picked up the conversation of comics and music.

Once you arrived at the restaurant you sat down carrying on your conversation. In one of the vases on the table were exotic looking flowers. At some point Dino picked one you and placed it in your hair. You blushed.

"You look beautiful Y/N." He looked deep into your eyes and reached out to hold your hands. "I don't know why I haven't asked this sooner but will you please me my girlfriend?"

You sat there shocked. This was coming from your nerdy best friend? You surprised yourself by subconsciously nodding. Your heart reacted faster than your brain.

"Of course, I'll be your girlfriend!" You reached across the table and hugged him. He laughed and hugged you back.

You break away. And start to yawn. He looked at his watch.

"Oh, I didn't realise the time. I better get you back home, before your parent tell me off for being a bad boyfriend." He's smiled at you and your stomach turns. He pays for the bill and soon enough your back in his car.

You couldn't believe you were his girlfriend now. Only yesterday were you close friends talking about anything and everything. Now you'd taken a bigger step.

It was silent in the car and your head started to lull, tiredness taking hostage over your body. You weren't sure but you think you heard Dino say something... It sounded a lot like "I love you."

The rest of the ride home Dino avoided the potholes just so you could sleep well. You knew you'd have to keep him close.