Dino

Imagine for NoHoshiNoDino

WARNING : Sad stuff ahead
_________________________________

You sit at the back of the practice room, watching all the boys dance. You've been dating Dino for the past few months and you're extremely proud of how far he has come.

But recently you've noticed a change in his behavior. He hasn't been laughing or eating as much and you don't know whether to bring it up with him. It could just be that he's stressed...

"Hey, Dino you're getting the moves wrong on this part." You hear Hoshi say.

"Oh, sorry." Dino replies, his voice deadpan. He scratches the back of his head and sighs loudly.

"How about you guys take a break?" You say.

"Let's just call it a day." Replies S.Coups. They all break formation and wander out to get food or just relax.

You walk to Dino and gently peck his cheek.

"Hey, are you okay?" You ask. You've been asking him a lot lately and his answer is always the same.

"I'm fine. Let's go home." He gives you a half hearted smile. You nod and you both leave.

"You want some food?" You ask, when you get home.

"No. I'm not hungry." He replies. He doesn't look at you when he says this, but you can tell he's not happy. He walks into your bedroom and closes the door.

You stand in front of it, not sure what to do. You know there's something wrong but you don't know how to approach him on it. You decide to get some pizza and maybe tempt him to eat. You walk in the bedroom and see him curled up into a ball, his eyes closed.

"Hey." You say, softly. You sit down on the edge of the bed and gently stroke his hair.

"I got something for you." You hold the pizza in front of him but he hides his face in his hands.

"I don't want it." He mumbles. You sigh and put the pizza down.

"Dino, what's going on with you? Please, tell me."

He doesn't reply, so you shake his arm. Only when you touch it he snatches it away and turn over, ignoring you.

"I'm just tired these days. I want to sleep." He says. He closes his eyes.

You pull the blanket over him and walk back into the living room. You watch T.V until it gets dark. You go back into the bedroom and fall asleep next to Dino.

A few hours later you wake up suddenly. You realize immediately that Dino isn't there.

"Dino?" You mutter, sleepily.

You get up, looking around for him. You hear noises coming from bathroom and as you get closer you realize that he's crying.

"Dino!" You call and knock on the door and try to open it only to find its locked. "What's wrong?!"

"Nothing. Just go back to bed." You hear his voice crack followed by sniffing. You heart breaks when you hear the sadness in his voice.

"Please let me in, tell me what's going on." You say which is followed by silence. Then you hear the door unlock.

You open in slowly to see Dino slumped against the wall, head down. The room is in semi darkness and you can hear his sobs echo around the room. You see his phone next to his hand on the floor. The screen was cracked and the light from it was the only source in the room.

You kneel down next to him and gently push his head back. He looks at you, his eyes swollen from crying. He sniffs and refuses to look you in the eyes.

"Dino... What's going on?" You start to tear up. You've never seen him cry before.

He looks toward the phone. You pick it up and see several messages. Hate messages from several people from around the world. People commenting on his looks, the way he dances, his personality...

"How long has this been going on?" You ask, horrified.

"I don't know... a long time." He voice breaks and he takes deep breaths. "At first I ignored it all... But it started to get to me. I'm sorry." He turns his head the side and a few tears slip out.

"Dino I- what is that?" You look down the see that the sleeve of his shirt has been lifted up and there were a few definite cuts on his arm. You gasp and turn to him. You had no idea it was his bad.

"Oh, Dino... When did it get this bad? Why didn't you tell me?" You ask.

"I didn't want to do this, I just felt so depressed about it and this made me feel better, I don't know why. I didn't want to get you involved... I didn't want to hurt you." He says, voice cracking again.

"You believe what they say?"

"I don't know... It just upsets me that people think this way about me. I don't know what I've done." He buries his face in hands but doesn't sob anymore.

You stand up, taking his hand and taking him with you. You lead him into the living room and sit him down on the sofa. You get a wet towel and gently dab his face and arm. He stops crying and looks at you.

"You should've told me, someone, anyone. Me or the other guys could have helped you. We're all here for you and I hate seeing what this has done for you." Your voice breaks as you are on the edge of crying, but you compose yourself.

"I know. I know and I'm sorry. Please... Don't cry." He reaches out and gently strokes your face, wiping a tear away. Silence falls between you both and then you get an idea that might help him.

"Let me show you something." You put the towel down and look at your phone. You go on tumblr and search for Dino's name. You read all the messages that fans have sent him, full of love and support for him.

"See?" You say.

He looks at the messages, his face lighting up. He smiles, properly, for the first time in weeks.

"These are the people you should focus on. The people that love you. I love you and you know that." You say, softly.

"I love my fans. And I love you, Y/N." He says. He falls asleep, the smile still plastered on his face.

At first, not much changed. He still didn't eat much and he was still affected by the messages he saw.
But after a few weeks, with the help of the band and the fans and you, he started to laugh again. He began to dance again, like he used to.

And everything was alright.

_________________________________________

Literally had no idea how to end this one, so sorry for the cheesy ending. Also I'm not that great at writing sad imagines but I hope this turned out okay.
~Lucy