Hoshi

Imagine for amanafa

"I can't wait to do this!" Your best friend gushes as you walk down the street with her. You had left her car up the road and you were wishing you were still in it, driving away.

She had managed to convince you to join her dancing classes on the promise that the instructor is, as she puts it, fine as fudge.

"I cannot dance." You tell her and she pushes you playfully. "This is not going to end well."

"It'll be fine. C'mon we're nearly there!"

She grabs your arm and drags you down the street. She walks inside the dance studio and signs you and her in. She babbles excitedly about the instructor.

"His dancing is amazing. He is so cute, and I think he likes me! He always chooses me to demonstrate the dances."

"Yeah, okay, are you sure it's not all in your head?"

"One hundred percent."

You roll your eyes and head with her to the practice room where the classes are held. There are already a few people there, stretching and dancing. You suddenly feel extremely nervous and your palms start to sweat. You've only danced a few times and never tried to put any effort into it.

You look around the room and you see who you assumed to be the instructor, leaning up against a wall. He was texting and chewing his lip in concentratation. Your friend sighed behind you.

"There he is... Soonyoung. Isn't he awesome?" She says.

"He's good looking, I'll admit. But he looks... Strict." You mutter.

He sighs and stands up straight, shoving his phone in his back pocket. He claps his hands loudly and the class turns to him. He walks over to the middle of the room and you and your friend join the rest of the class in a huddle in front of him.

"Okay, class today we'll be doing something a little different something, we've never done before. Slow dancing. Or a waltz, if you want to he more specific." He says.

The class has mixed reactions, some groaning and some looking excited. Your friend squeals in excitement and you look at her, confused.

"I said he always picked me for demonstrations! I'm gonna slow dance with him!" She says.

"Calm down class and let's get started. Right, as per usual, I need a partner. How about- wait, who are you?" He says, suddenly turning to you.

"Uh, I'm Y/N. I'm new to the class." You say to him.

"I brought her." Says your friend, flirting blatantly. She twirls her hair and flutters her eyelashes at him. He ignores her and looks at you directly.

"Can you dance?" He asks you.

"A little. That's why I'm here, to learn I guess." You reply.

"Good." He walks over to you and stands close. "Will you help me demonstrate?" He says, holding out his hand.

You nod, mostly out of politeness. You feel your friends shocked gaze on you and you take his hand. He leads you too the middle of the floor, the class watching you both. Soonyoung turns you to face him. He turns his head to the class.

"Right, so first you stand close to each other. Pretty easy, if you guys can handle it. And the usual, the guys hand goes on the girls waist." As he says thos he gently places his hand on your waist. "With the other hand, hold the hand of your partner. And girls place your hand on their shoulder." He looks at you and you do as he says. He pulls you a little closer to him and smiles kindly at you.