The8

Imagine for Cute_Suho

You open your eyes slowly and immediately see your sleeping boyfriend lying next to you. Minghao's breathing is slow and even and he smiles a small smile in his sleep. His arms are wrapped around you loosely. You reach out and stroke his hair softly. He mumbles and moves himself closer to you, burying his face in the crook of your neck.

"Hey there sleepy head." You say softly to him.

"Let me sleep." He replies, barely audible.

"You have practice today and Coups isn't going to be happy if you're late."

"Don't care. I'm warm."

You roll your eyes but smile fondly. You sit up, causing his head to flop back on the pillow. His eyes open wide at the impact and he buries his head in the pillow. You sigh and run your hand through his curly hair.

"I'll make breakfast." You say. Your words have immediate effect as he sits up and smiles excitedly.

"Yes please, I'll get up now." He says and flings the blanket off of him. He jumps out of bed and pulls on a T-shirt. "C'mon, get out of bed, I have practice today and I'm hungry."

He grabs your hand and pulls you out of bed. You laugh as you both run to the kitchen and he starts pulling out the ingredients for pancakes.

You cook breakfast for both of you, while trying to stop him from eating the batter. After eating you both get dressed and head over to the practice room. The boys come over and greet you and they get started quickly.

You sit on your phone in the back of the room. You go on your social media as you usually do and you're met with the usual stuff.

Ugh, I can't believe The8 has a girlfriend. She's ugly and annoying, he should have stayed single.

I bet she doesn't even love him! She's just with him for the fame.

The8's changed. He doesn't care about his fans now he has a girlfriend. What's the point of liking him?

She's ruining the group! Nobody is gonna like them if they have girlfriends.

You close your phone and take a deep breath. You and Minghao had talked about this and you tried to ignore it. But the fans were unhappy with you and Minghao together and it devastated you. You bury your face in your hands and tried not to think about it.

"Y/N? Are you alright?" You hear Minghao's voice just above you. You don't lift your head up, you didn't want him to see how upset you were. You nod slowly.

"I don't believe you." He whispers. He sits next to you and places his arm around you.

"It's nothing." You mumble. You peek at him through your fingers and you see him looking worriedly at you. He opens his mouth to say something but suddenely Seungcheol comes up to you both.

"Have you seen the tweets?" He asks.

Minghao shakes his head while you nod slowly. He looks at you and holds you tighter to him.

"They're getting worse." You whisper.

"Yeah... And the company doesn't like it." Seungcheol says.

"What do you mean?" Minghao asks sharply.

"It's bringing your popularity down. And the groups. The company wants you to break up." Seungcheol replies.

You look up at him tears welling up in your eyes. Minghao looks from you to Seungcheol, shocked.

"No! They can't do that! I'm not leaving her." He says. He looks at you, expecting you to agree. You bite your lip as the tears spill over. "Y/N?" He says softly, his own eyes welling up.

"I need a minute." You say.

You get up and run out of the practice room. You run into the bathroom and lean up against the door. You can't stop the tears falling down your face. Should I really break up with him? You think.

You immediately tell yourself no, but you think about what the tweets said. They said they wouldn't like him... And the company of worried about their popularity. And it's my fault, you think.

"Y/N! Please, I want to talk to you." You hear Minghao talking outside the door.

"Yeah... We need to talk." You say.

You take a deep breath and stand up. You open the door and see Minghao standing there. He immediately pulls you into a hug, cupping the back of your head with his hand and straining your hair. You bury your face into his shoulder.

"It'll be okay... I'll talk to someone about it... It'll be okay, I won't leave you." He whispers to you.

"Minghao... They're right." You say and you step back from him. You look at his face and you see the tears in his eyes.

"What?" He says, his voice breaking at the end of the word.

"I saw the tweets... What they said. Some said I was ruining the group. That you didn't care about your fans. And if the company believes it, then it must be true."

"No, I don't care." He says, shaking his head. He reaches out for you but you push his arms back.

"Minghao, I love you, but if us being together affects you and the group then I can't do that. It's not fair and I care about you too much for that."

Tears start to fall down his face and he doesn't bother to wipe them away. He shakes his head in denial and looks you right in the eye. You see his arms twitching to hug you but he resists, knowing you would push him away.

"No. No, you can't mean that." He says, barely audible. His voice shakes and cracks at the end.

"I'm sorry. I-"

He suddenly steps closer to you and leans in close. He presses his lips to yours, kissing you passionately. He threads his fingers through your hair, his lips moving in sync with yours. He pulls back, but keeps his face close to yours.

"I love you. We can get through this, make them change their mind-" He starts to whisper, but you cut him off.

"I don't want your career to suffer because of me. I'm not worth it. Your fans mean more, they are what keep the band alive. If I'm getting in the way, then I have to go. Goodbye, Minghao."

You pull back and walk away, slowly. As you turn your back on him and walk down the corridor, you hear him whisper to you.

"You are worth it. I won't give up on you. That's a promise."
_________________________________

Okay, before you guys say anything about it, I know that if any of the guys did get a girlfriend most of the fans won't act like they did in this imagine. I just portrayed it like that for the sake of the story. Don't hurt me.
~Lucy