The8

Imagine for Hanyeol123434

"I think we should get a dog."

You said it out of nowhere. You and all the boys were just relaxing in the dorm. Minghao was sleeping on an armchair and Joshua was reading. The rest of them were just laying around, not talking. Everyone was quiet which has been the usual thing recently as the team was tired from practicing. You wanted to do something to uplift the mood.

"What?" Says Mingyu apparently confused.

"I said we should get a dog." You repeat.

"Yeah, we heard that. But why?" Asks Seungkwan.

"I thought you'd be excited Seungkwan. Anyway, we should because everyone is being boring. You guys need to lighten up. A dog is good at that sort of thing."

"Y/N, a dog is a lot of work. Plus we're fine, we don't need to lighten up." Seungcheol says as he continues to stare at the wall in silence.

"Are you serious? Look, I'll look after it. I love dogs." You say. All other boys seem to be keen in the idea.

Seungcheol takes one look at the guys and gives in.

"Oh, okay. I like dogs too so it'll be fun to have one around." He grins at you.

"Someone better wake Minghao up. If we're dog shopping he'd better go." Joshua, not looking up from his book.

"Good idea. He adores dogs." You say.

You walk over to the sleeping Minghao. He was curled up into a ball, his head tilted to the side. He looked so much younger and somehow even cuter. You always secretly thought he was the cutest out of the boys.

"Hey, Minghao, wake up." You said gently, shaking his shoulder. He stirred and sleepily opened his eyes.

"Oh hey, Y/N." He said quietly and closed his eyes again, getting comfortable and trying to sleep again.

"Hey! Get up!" You say but he only mumbled in response. You decided to try another tactic.

"We're getting a dog." You say and the words take immediate effect. His wide eyes shot open and he sat up. He smiled excitedly.

"Really? Since when? Really?!" He says. His excitement is adorable and you smile kindly at him.

"Yup! Can you come with me to choose?" You say and his face lights up. You take that as a yes.

"Okay, guys me and Minghao are going out. Don't do something stupid while I'm gone."

"You're going out now? Took you guys long enough." Mumbles Hansol, who is half asleep on his bed.

You roll your eyes, but you can't keep from blushing. Minghao doesn't seem to have noticed.

"Let's go Y/N!" He's already by the door, apparently full awake now.

You laugh and rush over to him and you both walk down on the street, where he babbles about the dog.

"So, boy or girl? What should we name it? And where will it sleep? Oooo can it sleep in my room? What if the guys don't like our choice?" He says and waves his hands about in wild gestures. You've never seen him this excited, he's usually so calm and quiet but this is a side of him you would have never guessed exsisted.

You catch his hands in yours and hold them still.

"Girl. You choose the name. Yes, it can sleep in your room. And the guys will love whatever we choose, so don't worry." You say. He smiles and slides his hand in yours and squeezes tight.

You walk hand in hand to the nearest pet store, laughing and talking about different dog breeds. When you went in the store owner recognizes Minghao straight away, so your hand is torn out of his while he talks to her and you go to the dog section.

"Okay, so there's Huskies, Labradors, Labrador Retrievers, Golden Retrievers..." You mutter to yourself. That's when you see the perfect one. A Golden Cocker Retriever. Also known as the forever puppy.

"Minghao! Look at this one!" You call and he comes running over. His expression softens as he sees the small dog, falling instantly in love with it.

"Its a girl." You say.

"She's perfect." He whispers.

"Okay, I'll talk to the owner." You leave him to stare at the dog.

Half an hour later, you and Minghao were leaving the shop with a scared little puppy and a bag full of supplies for it. You arrive outside the dorm, where he stops and turns to you.

"Thank you so much, Y/N." He says and leans over to gently kiss you on the cheek. He runs inside before you can react. You follow him, blushing red.

When you walk into the main room all the boys crowd around the dog.

"Hey guys, don't scare her." Minghao says. He holds the dog in his arms and strokes her. He looks at the dog with loving eyes. You never thought you would be jealous of a dog. They play with her for hours and she eventually gets used to the place. Minghao doesn't talk to you the whole time, keeping his focus on the dog. You sit in the corner and watch them play, thinking that, if the dog is going to steal his attention away from you, it might not have been a great idea.

After the buzz of the arrival of the dog as worn off all the boys went to their rooms and you went to yours. You stayed awake, reading, until you heard a knock at the door.

"Come in." You call.

The door opens and the next thing you know you have a furry face licking your cheek.

"Ah! Hey, there."

"Yeah, she's like that."

Minghao walks in, smiling at you and the dog together. You immediately feel the butterflies and you wonder what he wants.

"Hey. Do you need something?" You ask him.

He grins and holds up a toy rope.

"Wanna play with her together?"

"Definitely. Come sit here." You say and you pat the space on the bed next to you. He lies down and the dog goes up to him. She jumps around and you play with her together laughing. You hold up a chew toy for her and she grabs it pulling you with it. You end up being pulled very close to Minghaos face. You both look at each right in the eyes and you both of your smiles die down. You feel your breathing getting heavier and your heart thumping against your chest.

He sits up and you lean back to give him space, but he leans forward to you anyway.

"Y/N, can I tell you something?"

"Yeah, of course."

"I'm sorry that I kissed you and then didn't give an explanation. I didn't even talk to you afterwards! I'm glad I spent time with you today. You know we've never had time alone before. I liked it and I think..."

"Think what?" You whisper.

He leans forward and gently presses his lips to yours. He kisses you, his lips soft against yours. He pulls back and smiles.

"I just wanted to try that." He says. "I couldn't when were with the other guys."

You opened your mouth to say something but just then the dog barked and jumped on you both. You both laugh hysterically. The dog then curls up between you both and falls asleep. You both watch her, quietly.

Your eyes start to droop so you lay your head on his shoulder. He strokes your hair with one hand and whispers to you.

"Goodnight, sleepyhead. I'll stay with you."

That's the last thing you hear as you fall asleep, thinking that, that dog was the greatest idea you ever had.