Chapter 1- Beautiful Beginnings

I wheeled my last suitcase into my room for the next two months and flopped down on the bare bed while breathing heavily. I stood up after a few minutes and walked over to the door that led to the balcony. I walked out and stood at the railings watching the beautiful Orlando sunset. The sky was cotton candy pink and a gust of summer wind was blowing my red fiery locks. The waves in the ocean below were swaying rhythmically and the palm trees in the surroundings were rustling in the wind in a calm manner.

This. Was. Perfect.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?", a voice behind me said.

It was my best friend, Sierra Thompson. I looked at the view in front of me. It was beautiful. The cottage we were staying in belongs to Sierra and her family and this is the first time I've been here, despite the fact I've been living with her for four years now since my parents passed away. The reason we just came here now was partly because of me. Every summer after my parent's death has been terrible. This summer, I wanted it to be different, though. I wanted this to remember this summer as the best one ever. And since Sierra and her parents haven't been here for a while, we all decided to fly out here for the summer. 

"Yeah, it's beautiful", I said to Sierra after a few minutes. She had a small frown on her face. She came and stood beside me and we enjoyed the view together.

"Cheer up, ginger", she said to me. She always calls me that obviously because of the fact that I have red hair. 

"I promised you the best summer ever and I'm gonna keep that promise. There's plenty of fun here. The beach is right in front of the house and Disney Land is like half an hour away! There's no time to be moping around".

I smiled and gave her a big hug. "I know. And thanks for bringing me here. This is going to be a summer I'll remember forever".

She hugged me back. "You're welcome. And good". 

We went back into the room after. We were actually sharing the room, but I didn't mind. We decided to fix our bed first and put the covers on. It was a plain purple cover with pink flowers on it. It was a bit too girly for my taste, but it was okay with Sierra so I didn’t mind either. We flopped down on the warm covers when we finished and rested for a bit, but not too long because we heard the doorbell ring shortly after. Sierra and I tumbled down the stairs and we saw what I assumed was a family standing at the door holding a tuna casserole. 

"Hi!", we heard a woman say, which I assumed was the mother. "Are you new here? We've been spending the summer here for two years and this is the first time we have seen you".

"Oh, no. We're not new. We've owned this cottage for a while now. We just haven't been here in a long time", Sierra's mom responded. 

"Oh, well nice to meet you!", the woman chirped. "We own the cottage two away from yours. My name is Tina and this is my husband, Jorge", she said while pointing to the man beside here. "And these are my twin sons, Connor and Gabe", she said while pointing to the two boys who looked like me and Sierra's age who was standing beside Jorge. 

Now these boys were no ordinary boys. They were actually drop-dead gorgeous. I could tell they were fraternal twins because they didn't look exactly the same. One of them was shorter than the other. The shorter one had soft (well, I don't really know. But it looked soft) hair and chocolate brown eyes. He was wearing a tight-fitted tee shirt that showed off his muscular body. The other twin, who was a bit taller, had straighter hair, but still had some short curls. He also had chocolate brown eyes, but his were sharper looking than his brother's who had softer looking ones. He was wearing a white loose tank top that displayed the muscular body he had as well. Both of them had light brown hair.

"Nice to meet you too!", Sierra's mom said brightly and introduced herself also. 

"I'm Linda. This is my husband, Sam, my daughter, Sierra, and Sierra's best friend, Andrea", she said while gesturing to us and Sierra's dad who was standing behind her. We all piped hello and I quickly added, "You can call me Andy, though. Everybody does", I mumbled.

They just nodded and smiled. 

"Why don't you guys come in for a bit", I heard Linda say. Sierra and I trailed behind everybody else into the living room. Sierra and I sat down at one of the black leather couches with her dad while Linda went to the kitchen to put down the casserole. The family we just met was sitting on the other black leather couch in front of us. Sam started a small conversation with Tina and Jorge, which was a good thing because Sierra, the twins, and I were sitting awkwardly not sure of what to say. 

"So, which one of you is Connor and which one is Gabe?", I heard Sam ask. 

"This is Connor", Tina said and pointed to the shorter one who was sitting beside her. "And that's Gabe", she said pointing to the taller one who was sitting beside Connor.

I felt myself immediately drawn to Connor.

Snap out of it. You don't even know him, I scolded myself. 

"Well, we'll be on our way. It was so nice meeting all of you", Tina said after an hour. "Girls, if you ever feel lonely this summer, feel free to come over any time and hang out with the boys. We only live two houses away". 

Sierra and I just nodded feeling a bit shaken up by her offer. We said our goodbyes and rushed back upstairs to our room.

"Man, those boys were smokin'!", Sierra squealed as she bounced around the room.

"Yup", I said popping the "P" at the end. I couldn't disagree. They were hot.

"We should visit them tomorrow", she said casually.

I gaped at her. "Uh uh. No way!".

"Why not?!", she screeched. "We could end up dating them!". 

I sighed. "That's what I'm afraid of", I admitted. "If something happens, what would we do at the end of the summer? I don't want this to just be another summer romance".

"Andy", she said quieter now. "Stop worrying about what will happen. Just enjoy the time now. The reason we came here is to make this an enjoyable and memorable summer, so why not do it?". 

I didn't say anything because I knew she was right. After a while, we changed into our pajamas  and climbed into bed and decided to unpack tomorrow. Within minutes, Sierra was already snoring away. But I was still wide awake. I did want to remember this summer. I don't know how I'll remember it, but I knew something was for sure: This summer ought to be very interesting. 

*THANKS FOR READING! THE PICTURE AT THE SIDE IS BELLA THORNE WHO PLAYS ANDREA NEILSEN! PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE! :)*