Chapter 10- Awkwardness is in the Air

"Oh my gosh! I am so freaking stupid!", I groaned as I banged my head against Jessie's bedroom wall. It was Wednesday afternoon and I was feeling much better, except for a little cold I still have and a hoarse voice from losing it the night before. I was hanging out with Jessie because Sierra went to a stupid lunch date with Gabe. I was giving Jessie a play by play on my afternoon with Connor the day before.

"Come on. It can't be that bad", she said sitting on her bed.

"Yes it was! I asked him to feed me!".

"But you were sick so that's reasonable".

"And when he was singing to me, I told him I love him and fell asleep on his chest!".

That's when Jessie literally fell off her bed exploding into laughter. "Are you serious?!", she shrieked. "That's hilarious!", she said through hysteric giggles.

"Hey! In my defense. I think he drugged my Advil! But who says that to their ex-boy friend? I am such an idiot!".

Jessie continued to laugh as I continued to bang my head against her wall until we heard a knock on the door. Jessie stumbled over to the door trying to control her laughter and opened it and Tina's face appeared.

"Hi girls!", she said warmly. 

"Hi!", we chorused.

"I made chocolate chip cookies. You can go upstairs and have some if you want".

"Sure".

I was about to follow Jessie upstairs, but Tina stopped me.

"Sweetie, I am so sorry about what happened with you and Connor", she said sympathetically. "He'll eventually realize how unfortunate he is without you", she said about her son.

Oh my gosh, this is so awkward. I mean, who has these conversations with their ex-boy friend's mother?

"Um, it's okay. Thanks, Mrs. Williams", I said uneasily.

"Oh, honey, feel free to still call me Tina".

I gave her an awkward smile and went upstairs escaping the awkwardness.

I found Jessie in the living room sitting cozily beside Zach on one of the couches already munching on the cookies Tina made. Connor was sitting on the other couch across from them and they were watching a movie.

"The Amazing Spider Man, really?", I said looking at the T.V. screen. The movie just started and it was the scene where Peter Parker (a.k.a Andrew Garfield, the hottest guy alive) was being beaten up in front of the school and the jerks of the school destroyed his camera.

Jessie and Zach took all the space on the couch they were sitting on, so I had no choice but to sit beside Connor on the couch he was sitting on. Talk about awkward.

"Do you want a cookie?", Connor asked, holding a plate of cookies in front of me.

"Um, sure. Thanks", I muttered as I took two. They were delicious.

I'm surprise I wasn't snapping Connor's neck off already. It could be the fact that Jessie, Zach, and Tina were around and I didn't want to create a scene or that Tina, Jorge, and Gabe would kill me if I kill their son and brother. And it surprised me more because the two of us didn't even have the 'after relationship' talk yet every ex-couple seem to have.

"Emma Stone is so hot", Zach said as Emma Stone's character, Gwen Stacey, came into the scene.

"Hey, remember me? Jessica Watkins? Your girl friend?", Jessie reminded.

"Of course, you're hotter", Zach added.

Jessie playfully punched his arm and Zach kissed her on the lips before they cozily snuggled together again.