Chapter 9- Sick Days

Zach was right about getting sick, because the next morning I woke up with a forty degree fever and felt like I had been beaten up by a truck. My exhaustion from all the crying I did also added to my weariness. Zach was also right about him never getting sick, because according to Jessie, he woke up feeling like a ball of sunshine. The worse thing about being sick was that no one was here to take care of me. Everyone is in town doing something. Sierra, Gabe, Jessie, and Zach are at the mall, Sam and Linda are at some coffee shop, and I didn't know exactly where Tina and Jorge are, but I know they're also in town. The only person available was Connor, and that was clearly not an option.

All morning, I stayed in bed coughing and throwing up everything I had in my stomach. I even had a bucket of puke beside my bed and my room was starting to smell like rotten potatoes or something because of it. I never thought this vacation would involve me shedding every tear I had for four days, then cough my face out. It was currently 11:45 a.m. and I was starving. Linda made me chicken soup, but I couldn't get up and get some. Literally. Every time I stand up, my head would pound and make me throw up and I would feel like fainting. Guess I'll starve myself until someone comes home.

My phone suddenly rang and it made me jump. I lazily picked it up from the side table and answered it, not bothering to see who it is.

"Hello?", I said groggily.

"Hi", a faint voice replied. "It's Connor".

"Darn it", I muttered, hoping he wouldn't hear. He did, sadly.

"Look. I know you don't want to talk or see me right now. But Sierra told me you're sick and to go there and take care of you", he paused, then added, "She said the front door's unlocked".

I let out a loud groan. I didn't want him to come, but I was starving and needed someone to get me the chicken soup waiting for me in the kitchen.

"Fine", I muttered.

He hung up and I screamed in my pillow. Well, more like a croak. A word of advice, never scream when you have a sore throat unless you're fine with your throat feeling like it's on fire.

About ten minutes later, I heard a knock on my door.

"Andy?", I heard Connor say.

"Come in", I croaked.

He entered the room and I nearly fainted. I forgot how hot he was. I wanted to spring out of bed and just jump in his arms and kiss his perfect full lips. The thought made my head hurt and I felt like throwing up. Good thing I didn't. Connor may be my ex- boy friend, but I still didn't want to be embarrassed. He walked over to my bed and put his hand on my forehead. His touch made me shiver.

"How are you feeling, Andy?", he asked softly.

"Terrible", I croaked.

"Are you hungry?", he asked.

My throat hurt too much to talk, so I just nodded. "Chicken soup. Kitchen", I said hoarsely. He nodded and left my room.

I couldn't believe I talked to him without snapping. Of course, if I wasn't sick, I may be screaming my lungs out at him. I mentally told myself to pounce on Sierra when I get better for making Connor take care of me.

He came back a few minutes later with a bowl of chicken soup, a glass of water, and a bottle thing of Advil. He sat down at the foot of my bed.

"Will you feed me?".

I mentally told myself to punch myself on the face when I get better for just asking him that stupid question.

He hesitated, but then dipped the spoon in the bowl and held it in front of me to take a sip. The warmth of the soup melted in my mouth and I swallowed it. Connor did the process of feeding me for a while until I got full.