Chapter 11- Happy Anniversary

"HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!", we all shouted as Jessie and Zach entered the front door to the Williams' cottage.

It was Friday evening and it was Jessie's and Zach's one year anniversary. Everyone was here: Me, Sierra, Gabe, Tina, Jorge, Sam, and Linda. Well, almost everyone. No one knew where Connor was. He went in town in the morning, but no one knew if he was still there or not. He texted Gabe and all he said was that he'll be home late. We're celebrating without him, anyway. All afternoon, we worked hard on setting up this small party for Jessie and Zach. Linda and Tina made chocolate ice cream cake, Sierra cooked chili and pot roast, which was Jessie's and Zach's favorite meal, Sam and Jorge plastered a small 'Happy Anniversary' banner on the wall, and Gabe and I went to town to buy them an anniversary gift. I was the only one that did, but they were becoming such great friends to me that I decided to show some appreciation. I bought Jessie a new outfit from Hollister (a little something back for spending nine hundred dollars on me for my date outfit) and bought Zach a football jersey, since Gabe told me he likes football. I also bought them a digital camera. It was kind of expensive, but definitely worth it.

"Oh my gosh, thanks, everyone!", Jessie said appreciatively.

"You guys didn't have to do all of this", Zach added.

"Oh, don't be silly", Tina said from the kitchen. "One year is pretty special and I had to do something for my honorary son and daughter!", she continued, walking over to them and giving both of them a hug.

I picked up the huge shopping bag on the kitchen counter and walked over to them to give them a hug too.

"Happy one year, you two", I said and shyly handed Jessie the shopping bag. "I got you guys a little somethin' somethin'".

"This isn't little, Andy", she said as she and Zach peeked inside the bag.

"This is so sick!", Zach breathed as he pulled out the jersey.

"You didn't have to buy me a whole new outfit!", Jessie said.

I scoffed. "Actually, I kinda did. You spent nine hundred dollars on me. I think it's fair that I bought you a seventy-five dollar outfit".

"Hey, why did you buy a camera?", Zach asked.

"Oh, well, one year is pretty special, but a second year can be memorable too. Why not capture every moment of it?", I answered shyly.

Jessie engulfed me in another hug and whispered, "Thank you".

"You're welcome".

"Thanks, Andy", Zach said as well. "This means a lot".

"You're welcome", I repeated.

"Okay, everyone, dinner time!", Linda called out. "Grab your plate and eat as much as you want!".

We all piled into the kitchen and Jessie and Zach shrieked when they saw their favorite meal being served. I laughed at their reactions as I grabbed a plate and served myself some chili and salad that Gabe tossed.

"Who made this pot roast?", Zach asked when we were all settled in the living room. "It's delicious!".

Sierra beamed. "I did!".

"It's awesome!".

"Thanks!", Sierra said proudly.

"Did you make the chili too, Sisi? It's delicious as well!", Jessie said.

"I did and thanks!", Sierra repeated.

"So how did you two meet?", Sam asked the couple.

Jessie and Zach looked at each other. "Do you want to tell the story or should I?", Jessie asked Zach.