Chapter 19- Something to Think About

Gabe Williams' P.O.V. (Point of View)

Orlando's the best, I thought to myself as I walked at the beach, trying to find my brother.

This summer here in Orlando is definitely better than last summer when we were here. Too bad it's ending soon. I wonder what's going to happen to me and Sierra. Of course, I've been thinking about it. I just didn't want to bring it up yet to her. If we break up, I know she'd be crushed. Oh, well. We still have three weeks left. There's no point in worrying about it now.

Okay, back to the present. I was looking for Connor because I needed to talk to him about something. My hunch is that he's at his special place, as he calls it. If he isn't hanging out with Andy, or me, or our other friends, he stays there. It's like his outdoor bedroom.

I was proven right when I saw him there playing his guitar and writing stuff in his song book. "Hey, bro", I greeted.

"Hey, man", he said, not looking up from his book. "Sup?".

"Nothing much".

"Cool. So not that I want you here", he started, finally looking up at me, "but what are you doing here? Where's Sierra or Zach?".

"Sierra's hanging out with Andy and I don't know where Zach is, but he's probably with Jessie", I answered. "And I need to tell you something".

"What is it?", he asked, looking back down at his notebook.

"So, um, I, uh, sorta told Sierra about you and your almost death, let's say".

Connor's head snapped back up. I cringed. I knew how much he hated discussing this. He gulped. "You told her the whole story?".

I slowly shook my head and Connor breathed a sigh of relief. "I was also wondering if you told Andy about it".

"Are you kidding me? No way!", he squawked.

"I don't want to meddle in your relationship, but why not? She told you about her life. I think she deserves to know", I reasoned.

Connor ran his hand through his hair. "Yeah, she deserves to know, but not now".

"Why not?".

"Because she'll take pity on me and I hate it when people do that. And when she starts feeling bad for me, she's going to start crying and I hate seeing her cry. Also, remember the last time I told someone? It was to Jessie like a year ago. I had a mental and emotional breakdown".

I winced and shuddered at the memory. Connor did in fact have a meltdown. It was so bad, I thought we were going to have to take him to the hospital. Poor Jessie too. She was so alarmed and had no idea what was happening.

"Are you ever going to tell her?", I asked.

"Obviously. But not now. It's too soon. Plus, summer's almost over".

My eyes widened. "Woah! Dude, you're going to break up with her?".

"I honestly don't know, man. I haven't even talked to her about it yet. And we just got back together two days ago. She'll think I want to break up with her again", he answered. "Are you going to break up with Sierra?". 

"I don't know. I haven't talked to her about it yet, either. I don't want to, though".

"Gabriel Michael Williams, the player, doesn't want to break up with his girl friend?", Connor gasped, feigning shock.

But he has a good reason to be shocked. I am a player. I never stick with a girl for more than a week. And now I've been with Sierra for almost a month.