Chapter 31- Always Here

Author's Note: Okay, so I know this chapter isn't very long or great at all. I apologize. But that's because it's the last actual chapter and the epilogue is next, which will be a thousand times better and longer. The song on the side is 3000 Miles by Emblem 3 who plays Connor, Gabe, and Zach as you all know. The song is from their new album, 'Nothing to Lose'. Please listen to it. It's pure perfection. Oh, and my cousin made the new book cover for me, so I'm going to dedicate this chapter to her. Check out her profile, if you want. It's thegirlwhowrites1011. She's got a couple of stories. There's a chance I'll be uploading the epilogue today, but if not, then definitely tomorrow. Okay, here's Chapter 31. Please vote! Thanks!

Tears trickled down my face as I watched the Williams' van drive away. I can't believe it. He's gone. Connor Williams is gone. I know we'll see each other again. But when? What's making this even sadder was the fact he kissed me before he left. Last night, when I got home, I spent a huge amount of time crying out my feelings. After that, I started feeling okay with the whole situation. But now, he kissed me. And I'm not alright. At all.

Beside me, I heard Sierra sniffle. I looked over at her and saw she had some tears in her eyes. I took her hand, but she pulled me in for a hug instead. And there we stood just crying in each others arms. At least she still has a boy friend. I know I could've stayed together with Connor, but I also know I wouldn't be able to handle the pressure of long distance.

Linda walked up behind us and patted our shoulders. "It's okay, girls", she said in a comforting tone. "Don't worry. You'll see them soon".

Sierra and I pulled away and wiped our tears before heading back in. When we got back inside, Sierra and I went to our room. Sierra flopped down on the bed while I collapsed on the floor. I reached for my phone, which was charging on the ground beside my dresser. I saw I had a new picture message from Jessie. I furrowed my eyebrows as I opened it. My breath got caught in my throat when I saw what the picture was of.

It was the picture of Connor and I the first time we went out. Tears appeared in my eyes again. I saved the picture into my phone before putting it down and getting my iPod, which was also charging.

I saw that I had a notification from Facebook. A friend request. I opened up the app to see who the friend request was from. My eyes bulged when I saw it was from Connor. I accepted the friend request and closed it quickly. I am planning on checking out his profile. But not now. It's too soon.

Sierra and I continued to stay here in silence. But then she spoke up. "So, what do you wanna do?".

I shook my head and shrugged, but remembered Sierra couldn't see me since she was on the bed and I was on the ground. "I don't know", I responded.

"We could start packing", she suggested. I sighed. This is true. We could since we haven't started yet. We're leaving tomorrow morning, around this time. The drive back to Springfield is about seventeen hours.

"Yeah. Sure", I agreed.

I reluctantly got up from the floor and took my suitcase out from under the bed. I took Sierra's out for her too. Both of us crawled over to our dressers and started taking its contents out.

I took my clothes out and messily threw it in my suitcase. A small smile appeared on my face when I saw some familiar stuff. Mostly my dresses. First one, was the blue summer dress I bought for the bonfire. The bonfire was where things fell apart, but brought everything into place at the same time. Like, Connor and I kissed and who would've thought we would be together the next day?

The second dress was the heart shaped tube top pinkish cream colored dress I wore for our first date. That night was definitely one to remember. But I feel like our break up the first time helped our relationship grow stronger.