Chapter 20- Wait For Me

Sunday evening, we were all back at Sierra's cottage hanging out at her basement. Connor and I were challenging Zach and Jessie in a game of Foosball while Sierra, Gabe, Chiara, and Jake were watching The Hunger Games on Netflix. Oh, Jake is Chiara's new boy friend. It's the same guy she met at Ridin' Waves' concert. They bumped into each other at the mall earlier today, had coffee together, and poof! Dating. Jake's a cool guy. Really nice too. He's tall, has blond, eyes, and brown eyes. He's really good-looking, but of course, not as good looking as Connor (I know I'm being biased, but whatever). He plays basketball and bass guitar. He has an older sister who goes to Harvard University and he's planning to go there too. I'm glad Chiara found someone good, specially after what happened with her and Connor. I still feel a little bad about it. She deserves this relationship.

"Score!", Jessie yelled, pumping her fist in the air as the ball rolled down the Foosball table and through our net.

"They have seven points and we have two. I thought you said you were good at this game! Start paying attention, Andy", my boy friend told me.

I was a little distracted by the movie playing on the flat screen T.V. I watched it at least a hundred times, but it always gets to me.

"I want to watch the movie, though!", I whined.

"Fine", Connor said.

We trotted over to the couch, but realized there wasn't enough room for all of us. We sat down on the floor and I sat on Connor's lap as Jessie sat on Zach's.

"This is weird", Jake commented.

"What is?", I asked.

"Hanging out with you guys. I don't even know you all good enough. And we only met like four hours ago".

"Don't worry. We don't bite", Sierra chirped.

"Yeah. We're one big happy family", I pitched in.

"Except if you break Chiara's heart, then we're one big angry family", Jessie added.

That made Jake laugh. "I like hanging out with you guys, though. You're all...interesting".

"Thanks", we all chorused. Being called interesting is a compliment. It's better than being called boring.

"OMG!", Jessie exclaimed.

We all turned to look at her. "What?", Chiara asked.

"Zach and I leave Orlando next Friday and we haven't gone to Disney Land yet!".

Sierra grabbed the remote and paused the movie and all of us looked at each other. "You're right", Gabe said. "We should ask our parents about it".

"You guys are coming", Sierra added, pointing to Chiara and Jake.

"I hate how summer doesn't last forever", Jessie continued on. "All the fun and romance have to end!".

Her face turned beet red as the words escaped her lips and I felt my cheeks go hot as well. Connor grabbed one of my hands and gripped on it tight. Jessie's eyes travelled to me, then to Sierra, then to the twins. Everyone started fidgeting uncomfortably. This is seriously the most awkward situation I have ever been in. Even more awkward than the time Connor and I were broken up and we got all lovey dovey watching The Amazing Spider Man.

"Um, Andy, come with me", SIerra said, standing up from the couch.

"Where?", I asked, getting up from Connor's lap.

"Kitchen", she answered before dragging me away from the group.

"What's up?", I asked once we got there.