Chapter 2- Beach Days

The next morning, I was awakened by an alarm clock.

"Turn it off!", I cried.

The alarm was coming from SIerra's iphone 5. Why was it on? It was only 7:45 and it was summer. Sierra, who was laying down beside me, heard the alarm and got up to turn it off.

"Sorry", she apologized. "I forgot to turn it off after school ended".

I groaned. "I said sorry!", she protested. "And it's off now. We can go back to sleep".

"Well, I can't now!".

"Suit yourself", she said as she went back under the warm covers.

I got up and fished out my bathrobe from one of my suitcases and went downstairs. It was really quiet when I got down so I figured Linda and Sam were still sleeping as well. That makes sense. It was summer after all. I made my way to the kitchen as I realized I hadn't eaten anything the night before and I was starving.

The kitchen was average-sized. The walls were painted white and there was a counter that was Italian marble. The table was big enough to fit six people and was glass with a small orchid on the center as a decoration. I walked over to the fridge to look for something to eat. It looked rather empty. There were only a few frozen vegetables, a pack of bacon, a carton of eggs, chocolate cake, (yum!), and some leftover tuna casserole. I decided to cook some eggs and bacon enough for all of us and cut a small piece of cake. It took a few minutes for me to find the plates and utensils, but I eventually did. I ate breakfast alone and in peace.

After I ate breakfast, I went around and toured the house. I mean, I am going to live here for the next two months, so why not know where everything is.

The living room was big and spacious. It had cream colored walls and two black leather couches. There was a long brown wooden table in the middle with fancy candles and ornaments on it as well as a bouquet of roses in a vase in the middle. 

The upstairs wasn't much. There were two bedrooms and a bathroom in the hallway in front of me and Sierra's room. Both of the rooms had a cream colored wall like the living room. The rooms were similar, except Sam and Linda has a bathroom and they have a chandelier  and Sierra and I have a ceiling fan. Theirs were also a little bigger than ours. 

The basement was average sized. It was more of a recreation room. There was a plain brown sofa and a flat screen TV. There was also a Foosball table, which I was very happy about because I actually had mad skills. There were a few stairs in the middle that led to the basement and on the left side of them was a door that led to another room. It was an exercise room with a treadmill, weights, and other exercise stuff. A washing machine and a dryer was also located there. 

The best part of the house was the backyard. It was one of those mansion kinds. There were multiple flower beds and vegetable patches and a porch that had a few chairs and a barbecue stand. There was a huge pool in the middle that was twelve feet deep (good thing I'm a good swimmer). I didn't get why there was a pool when the beach was right in front of the house, but hey, I'm not complaining! There was also a hot tub that I decided to try out later with Sierra. 

When I finished my little tour, it was already 9:30 and no one was still awake. It was a warm and sunny day out, so I decided to go to the beach. I went back upstairs and entered the room where Sierra was still snoring...very loudly. Does she know how loud she snores? I went over to my suitcases and tried to find a bathing suit and towel. I finally did.m It was a white halter top with black zebra stripes and a plain black bikini bottom. I put on ripped jean shorts and an orange tee shirt that says " I LOVE BEACH DAYS ♥" in big pink letters over my bathing suit and grabbed my sun glasses, ipod, phone, and earphones and headed out with my Hello Kitty towel draped around my shoulder.