Chapter 5- New Relationships

The next morning, I woke up with a ton of bricks in my stomach and a lump in my throat. My head was pounding and I felt sick. I had cried myself to sleep and I was still wearing my summer dress. I reluctantly got up and made myself look more presentable. I went to the washroom and washed my face. I put some eyeliner and eyeshadow on so people couldn't see the dark circles under my eyes from all the crying. I also put on lip gloss and went back to the room and changed. I put on white jean shorts and a black tee shirt with my old dance team's name on it. I put my hair up in a loose ponytail and trotted downstairs.

Neither Sierra or her parents were present, so I sent her a text message.

Hey, where r u?

I got a response back from her a few seconds after.

ANDY! OMG, R U OK?! My parents and I are in town. We'll be back in an hour or two. Take care. ILY♥

I'm fine, just had a long night. K, c u. LYT♥

Great. what was I suppose to do now? I paced around the living room thinking about the events of last night. The only thing that came to my mind was the fact that Connor kissed me. I told him my life story and he kissed me. If that was his plan to make me feel better, then it certainly worked. The soft touch of his lips was intoxicating and I could still feel it. It reminded me of my ex-boyfriend's kiss and I enjoyed it...a lot.

But I had ran away from him.

Stupid, Andy. Gosh, you're so stupid!, I complained to myself. I pulled out my cell phone from my pocket and I sent Connor a message:

Hey. I am so sorry for last night. I didn't mean to run away. I appreciate you listening to me. But none of this is your problem, so don't worry. And sorry for spoiling your night. You were probably having a lot of fun, so once again, sorry.

I was about to send it, but a thought occured to me. This was lame. If I sent this, he'll probably think I'm a wimp. I sighed and deleted the message. I headed out and made my way to the William's home. I had to do this in person. And I wanted to apologize to all of them, specially Jessie and Zach. The bonfire was for them.

I approached their front door and rang the doorbell. No turning back now. Gabe was the one to greet me.

"Oh, hey, Andy".

"Hey, um, is Jessie here?".

"No, sorry. She's at the beach somewhere with Zach", he said.

"But, Connor's here. I think you two need to talk", he added.

I let out a deep breath and went inside as he invited me in.

"I'll go get him. Take a seat, if you want", he offered as he went upstairs.

I took a seat at one of the sofas and looked around. The first thing I noticed was the layout looked exactly the same as Sierra's. Well, the living room, anyway. It had had the same cream colored walls and it was even the same size. There were picture frames on the walls of Connor, Gabe, their parents and other family members. There were two or three of Connor, Gabe, and Zach. All pictures had smiling faces. I don't remember the last time I felt so happy.

"He'll be ready in a few minutes. He's just doing something", Gabe said as he came back down.

I didn't have a voice to speak because of the huge lump that was still in my throat, so I found myself nodding.

"So, Connor told me what happened", Gabe said sitting on the sofa in front of me while busily texting someone.

"Oh", I said stupidly.