Chapter 7- Broken

"Come on, you two. Let's go!", Jessie complained to me and Zach. We were at the same mall Sierra took me to almost two weeks ago. This morning, when I woke up, I got a text from Connor saying he was taking me out to dinner tonight for our one week anniversary. Jessie insisted I needed an outfit, so here I am once again. I was also displaying the same attitude towards Jessie like I did to Sierra.

"Do I have to be here?", I whined.

"Unless you want to look like a hobo on your first date with Connor, then yes!", she spat out.

"So, why am I here?", Zach asked fuming.

"Well, first, none of us can drive".

"I can", I said interrupting her, but she ignored me.

"And second, we need a guy's opinion", she said in a 'duh' tone.

"How fun", Zach mumbled sarcastically.

Jessie ignored our childish attitudes and led us to the first store. "Don't worry, guys. I'm an expert at this. You have no idea how many times I went shopping for dates with Zach. We'll be done in no time", she assured us.

We entered a Marissa Collections store and I gasped. "Jessie, this store is too expensive. There is no way I'm buying anything here".

"Who says you're the one paying?".

"WHAT?!", I yelped. "I'm not letting you pay for anything!".

"Andy, chill. This girl is like a billionaire!", Zach said.

My eyes bulged. "How much of a billionaire?".

"Four storey mansion, six bedrooms, a living room and basement the size of China, a hot tub, swimming pool, jacuzzi, and a bunch of other stuff that I won't say because then you'll think I'm a snob", Jessie said calmly as she started scanning the racks of dresses.

My mouth hung open in shock. "Okay, well, I'm still not letting you pay for anything".

"Too bad".

I sighed giving up. "Now help me look if you want to get out of here fast", she ordered.

Zach and I joined her and flipped through racks. There were a few that caught my eye, but the price of it always tore my heart. I sighed feeling frustrated when I put the eighth one back.

"Don't worry about the price. Just take what you want!", Jessie called out from a nearby aisle reading my mind.

"Andy, how about this one?", Zach asked popping up beside me.

He held up a revealing black see through gown with a v-neck neckline that showed a little bit too much.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm trying to impress him, not seduce him".

"Okay, okay. It was just a thought", he said walking away while smirking.

Boys these days.

"Okay, Andy. I think this will look good on you", Jessie said appearing beside me and handing me a floor length gown. It was a simple pinkish cream colored heart shaped tube top gown. It was beautiful.

"Go try it on", she ordered.

I obeyed and entered one of the change rooms at the back of the store. I took the blue jean shorts and plain purple tee shirt I was wearing off and slipped the dress on. I stared at my reflection in the mirror and gasped. I looked beautiful! The dress made my curves pop and it flowed nicely. I looked at the price tag attached to it and my eyes nearly popped out of my head. It was four hundred dollars! The most expensive piece of clothing I owned was probably my grade eight graduation dress, which was one hundred and fifty dollars.