Chapter 14- Second First Date

Connor Williams' P.O.V. (Point of View)

"Are you sure you're alright?", I asked Andy.

It was Wednesday afternoon and Andy was discharged from the hospital. I was responsible for picking her up and making sure she got back to the cottage safely. Everyone else was 'too busy'. But seriously, what could be more important than this?

"I'm fine, don't worry", she said crawling into her bed. "The doctor said to keep icing my bump and take things easy for the next day or two. But I'm fine, really", she assured me.

"Okay, if you're so sure", I said. "Look, I have to get going. But if you need me or anything, just call or text me, okay?".

"I will. Thanks, Connor".

"No problem".

I left her room, but I heard her call after me. "Good luck tonight, by the way! Second time's a charm!".

"Thanks!", I called back, running down the stairs and out the front door.

Andy was talking about my first date with Chiara tonight. But if I knew any better, Andy saying that killed her inside. I know she still loves me and that she forgives me for dating Chiara, but I know she doesn't really mean it. Inside, I bet she wants to kill me. Every time I think about it, I always start to feel guilty.

When I entered my cottage, I saw my parents in the living room watching T.V.

"Hi, honey", my mom greeted me.

"Hey, mom", I said walking over to them and sat down on the other couch.

"How's Andy? Is she okay?", she asked.

"Yep", I said popping the 'P'. "She's fine. Hey, where's everybody?".

"Sam and Linda took them out for lunch", my dad answered. "Don't you have a date with Chiara tonight, son?".

"Yeah".

"You don't look so happy about it", my mom pitched in.

Here we go again. They're gonna come and interfere with my life. They stopped watching the talk show they were watching and focused their attention on me.

"I didn't say I wasn't happy about it", I muttered.

"I didn't say you weren't happy about it. I said you don't look happy about it", my mom reasoned.

"Son, why are you dating Chiara?", my dad asked.

"Because she's my girl friend", I responded in a 'duh' tone.

"Let me rephrase this. Do you love Andy?".

"What does Andy have to do with-".

"Just answer the question", he interrupted.

"Yes, I do love Andy".

"Do you love Chiara?".

I hesitated. "Yes". I paused. "I mean no. I don't know!", I whined.

"Our point exactly", my dad said knowingly.

"Connor, baby, we just want you to be happy", my mom said. "It's your decision whom you want to be with. But a word of advice, chase after the one you really love. There's no point of chasing after the one you don't".

I sighed. I hate it when they go all Oprah on me. And they don't stop. My dad just had to add, "Connor, don't get us wrong. Your mother and I love Chiara. She's a nice girl. But we see more of you and Andy".

I stood up from the couch. I couldn't take this anymore. I know they were right, but I just didn't want to hear it.

"Mom, Dad. Thanks for your concern", I said sincerely. "But like you said, it's my decision. I haven't quite figured it out yet".