Chapter 8- Alone

Alone.

That's the best way to describe the feeling I have. Although Sierra, her parents, Jessie, Zach, the Williams, and all of Orlando were around me, I felt alone. You see, last Friday when Connor said he was breaking up with me, I thought he was joking. I was waiting for him to say something like, "Ha! Andy, you're so stupid. I would never ever do that".

But he didn't.

The whole weekend, I cooped up in me and Sierra's room shedding a million tears. On Saturday, Sierra and Jessie spent an amount of time trying to cheer me up, but I threw a big tantrum and they gave up. Sunday, I threw an even bigger tantrum when Sierra announced she and Gabe were dating. I was happy for her, but my heart was too shattered to show it. What made things worse was the reason why Connor broke up with me. He promised he would stay, but now he's gone. And just when I thought this summer was going to be different than the other ones, the universe has turned it upside down.

It was Monday afternoon and the first rainstorm in Orlando that we have witnessed was happening. I was in our room standing by the balcony door watching the rain drops fall from the sky to the earth's surface while my Taylor Swift album was blasting from the radio like it had been all weekend. I wasn't crying anymore. I had shed every tear I had already. All I could do now was sulk and let my heart ache.

"You're still listening to Taylor Swift? I didn't know it was that bad", Sierra lightly teased, appearing at the doorway. I didn't turn to look at her or answer. I just kept looking out the window trying to keep up with the rain drops.

"How are you feeling, Andy?", she asked softly walking up beside me.

"Happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time".

"And you're quoting Taylor Swift too! Oh my gosh, this is really bad!", she half joked.

Again, I didn't answer her. "Well, I just came up here to see how you're doing and that Gabe is here and so is-".

"I don't care about Gabe or anyone else being here!", I snapped, interrupting her. "CAN'T YOU SEE WHAT I'M GOING THROUGH!", I yelled feeling tears running down my face once again.

"I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE GOING THROUGH!", Sierra screeched. "BUT THIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE WITH IAN AND JEREMY. WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE DIFFERENT WITH CONNOR? AND WHY DO YOU TRY SO HARD TO FIND LOVE? IT'LL COME TO YOU EVENTUALLY SO WHY DO YOU TRY SO HARD?".

"I TRY SO HARD BECAUSE", I started while sobbing.

"BECAUSE WHAT?".

"BECAUSE LOVE IS THE CLOSEST THING WE HAVE TO MAGIC", I chocked. "THE REASON WHY SPARKS FLY, FIGURATIVELY SPEAKING, WHEN YOU TOUCH, HUG, KISS, OR SEE THE ONE YOU LOVE IS BECAUSE IT'S CREATING MAGIC AND THAT MAGIC IS CALLED LOVE. ONCE IT'S CREATED, YOU CAN'T JUST THROW IT AWAY OR FORGET ABOUT IT. IT SHOULD BE KEPT FOREVER".

Sierra looked at me speechless and stunned. I didn't want to look at her or talk to her because I felt so ashamed. So, for the first time since Friday, I fled from the room and ran downstairs. I halted to a stop at the bottom when I saw everyone, meaning Jessie, Zach, Gabe, Sam, Linda, Tina, Jorge, and even Connor, in the living room staring at me wide-eyed. I locked eyes with everyone, except for Connor, before running out the door and dashed through the rain. If I weren't so heartbroken, I would've regretted wearing jean shorts and a tank top during a rainy day. I continued to run, but not really sure where. I found my feet taking me to Connor's special place.

When I reached it, I collapsed down on the hammock and cried. The rain poured down on my face and mixed in with my tears. I sobbed thinking about everything going wrong in my life. I don't get why when us girls cry about one thing, we cry about everything else. That's what I'm doing right now.