Chapter 3- Shopping Trips

For the rest of the day, Sierra and I hung out a lot around the house. After she ate the delicious breakfast I had made, she changed into her one of her bathing suit and we went for a swim in the pool while her parents went into town to go grocery shopping. I told her about what happened at the beach with Connor, but leaving out the part when I cried because I know she would have a hissy fit and give me another lecture of being here to make it the best summer ever.

"Oh my gosh, Andy. Connor loves you!", she shrieked. "I can feel love in the air!".

I rolled my eyes. I was kind of expecting this reaction.

"No, he doesn't. Quit that".

Now she rolled her eyes.

"Give me a break. Then why did he call you hot and ask for your number?", she asked, but more of a statement. 

"I don't know", I mumbled.

"Exactly", she sang.

I didn't say anything after that. I was lost in thought. I was pretty sure Sierra was still talking to me, but I didn't realize until she yelled my name.

"ANDY!".

"What?", I asked feeling irritated.

"What's wrong with you?", she asked feeling annoyed.

"Nothing".

"Then if nothing's wrong, why are you so agitated?".

"I'm not agitated. I'm just-".

"I know. You're just thinking about how it will all play out", she interrupted. "Stop thinking about it. Just live in the moment. We came here to live and have fun, not mope around and think about what ifs".

No matter what I do or say, I always end up getting a lecture.

"Yeah, yeah. Thanks, Dr. Phil", I muttered sarcastically.

"Andrea Michelle Neilsen", she said sternly. "If you seriously won't cheer up and enjoy this vacation, I swear-".

"Okay, okay", I said interrupting her, not wanting to hear any more of her lecture. "I promise you, SIerra May Thompson, that I will have the best summer ever and no matter what happens, I will leave Orlando feeling that it's the best summer ever", I promised.

"Okay, good because I swear, if you're not gonna have any fun, we're going home".

"Do you wanna play Marco Polo?", I asked changing the subject.

"Sure".

And that's what we did. We played Marco Polo and other water games until our skin were covered in wrinkles. We stayed there for the whole afternoon and watched movies in the evening. We ended up watching The Notebook, The Last Song, and The Vow.

We kind of have a thing for chick flicks.

When we finished the last movie, we realized we haven't unpack yet, so that's what we did.

There were two dressers so we both had one. Most of the time, we were checking out each others wardrobe. We both brought our cutest and coolest clothes and we both kept asking each other if we could borrow the other ones clothes. We always do, anyway.

When we were close to finishing, I heard my phone receiving a call. I walked over to where the bed was and picked up my phone, which was sitting on my pillow. I let out a huge gasp when I saw the name on the caller ID: Connor Williams.

An excited and nervous Sierra ran over to me and her eyes bulged when she saw who it was.

"Answer it!", she exclaimed.