Chapter 12- Surfs Up

"Get up, lazy butt!", Sierra yelled excitedly pulling the bed covers over my head.

"Mmmm", I groaned rolling over to my side.

"Get up!", Sierra yelled again.

I rubbed my eyes, got up, yawned, and stretched. "What time is it?", I asked groggily.

"7:30".

"Why are we up so early?", I complained.

"Because we're going surfing!".

My eyes flew open. "Excuse me?".

"We're going surfing!", she repeated.

I started getting very excited. I love surfing! Now, you're probably wondering how someone from Chicago knows how to surf. Well, that time when my parents took me to Hawaii for their business trip, they actually hired this person to teach me how to surf! I learned how to after like a day or so and I miss it so much!

"Did you tell them that I know how to?", I asked her.

"Kinda", Sierra answered. "The boys know how to and they wanted to and I told them you knew how to, so this morning they went in town to rent some surfboards and wetsuits, and I have the wetsuits here", she said tossing me mine. "Apparently, you can't wear like a bathing suit while surfing", she added.

I laughed at my best friend. "Sierra, you kinda have to wear a wetsuit unless you want to get hypothermia".

She giggled. "Well, how was I suppose to know? Anyways, hurry up and get ready. They're all at the beach already waiting for us. By they, I mean Jessie, Gabe, Connor, Zach, and uh, Chiara", she said slowly.

I sighed. "You guys seriously have to stop worrying about me and this whole Chiara situation. Both of us are all good. I even told her we can be friends".

Sierra was dumbfounded. "Really? Awesome! Okay, come on. They're probably wondering where we are".

"Okay".

I jumped out of bed and walked over to my dresser to get a towel before going to the bathroom to wash my face and get into my wetsuit. I tied my hair up in a ponytail and came out ten minutes later and Sierra and I made our way out of the house.

"Hey!", Jessie said running towards us when we got there.

"Hey", I said distractedly.

I was distracted by the scene of Connor and Chiara making out near the side of the ocean totally unaware of what was happening around them. They were so into their 'little' make out session that it actually looked like they wanted to devour each other. I wanted to throw up and my heart was being shattered into millions of pieces.

"Andy, what's wrong?", Sierra asked.

She and Jessie followed my gaze to Connor and Chiara and Sierra looked disgusted.

"Ew. Yeah, that's a problem".

Jessie just rolled my eyes. "I know right. They've been doing that all morning. But they're a couple, right? What's the big deal?".

Sierra and I stared at her in shock. I think my friend needs a mental doctor.

"Are you out of your mind, Jessie?", Sierra shot at her.

"What?", Jessie asked blankly.

I shook my head in disbelief. Jessie doesn't need a mental doctor. No, she needs brain surgery.

"One word", Sierra started. "Andy".

Jessie looked at me for a few seconds before saying, "Oh yeah, I forgot. Sorry, Andy. Man, I'm stupid".