Chapter 39

"Harry hurry up!" I yelled into the bathroom. It was already 6 and we still had to drive to his house. As in the one in Cheshire which was 2 hours from the apartment.

"Coming!" I heard the shower shut off assuming all he had to do now was to pack and fix his hair knowing it would have to be perfect. I shoved the rest of my stuff in my suitcase because we were currently staying at Anne and Robin's house for the next week for Christmas.

I carefully had everyone's presents packed in between my clothes for safety. I heard the blow drier start and the door swung open. The only thing that was covered was below his torso with his towel. My eyes locked on his tattoos and I took the time while he wasn't looking to just stare.

I know it's creepy but can you blame me? His head turned my direction and I knew he had caught me. I giggled to myself turning away looking for my heels. I was bringing my red pumps, white wedges, and black booties. I wonder why they're called booties..such an odd yet funny name.

I was wearing the black ones with leggings and a cream knitted sweater that fell below my bum. I walked out of our room and went to go snack on some chips. The funny thing was that Harry cleared out most of the pantry after I just went shopping.

There was some yogurt in the fridge that I quickly devoured but was still hungry. Don't judge but I ate like 3 more also. I mean how am I supposed to survive off of one little few ounce thing.

"Hungry?" Harry laughed observing the empty yogurt cups on the counter.

"Yeah you ate all the food!" I lightly slapped his chest

"What I can't help it! I need food"

"I can see that" I smiled as he towered over me "Are you ready now?"

"Mhm let's go" He tugged on my hand as I threw my trash away and made my way to my suitcase. We both put them in the back of the car and Harry started driving.

"So what's the plan for the Where We Are tour?" Harry asked. The Take Me Home tour is over and the WWA tour starts in Febuary.

"We start traveling in February but it will only last 6 months"

"That should be easy"

"It still means a lot of work"

"I know..at least we'll be together" He smiled then intertwined our fingers as his other hand was on the wheel. His green eyes met mine and I put up my best fake smile. I knew I'd have to tell him at some point.

"What's wrong?" Damn it. He can see through me like glass.

"I'm going back home after Christmas" I whispered

"What? Why? For how long?"

"Just until January 31st. I'll be home for your birthday" I smiled trying to cheer him up but the only emotion I saw in his eyes were sadness

"I have to go back to school unless I want to graduate highschool"

"Do you even have a place to stay?" His voice was edgy but not because he was angry he just seemed worried

"Um I can find an apartment"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes Harry I'll be fine I promise"

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I just found out this morning"

"Emily you know my parents' house is like 5 minutes away from your school?"

"What are you saying?"

"You could stay there!"

"No Harry I'm not going to impose like that"

"Please I know you'll be safe and you'll have Gemma you can stay in my room" He was practically begging me. I chewed on my lip thinking. He's right it would be nice to be with people that are the closest thing to family I have and I'd have Gemma. And I think we all know I can't afford an apartment and I wasn't letting Harry pay rent.

"Please! For me?"

"Fine..but only if it's okay with your parents"

He seemed pretty happy. I'm just glad he didn't seem too upset after me going home. It would only be for a month honestly. I've already passed most of my highschool classes by myself but I needed to work on my college AP classes.

I felt Harry shake me awake. I guess we were here.

"Tired?" He smiled

"Mhm..what time is it?" I stretched then got out of the car

"8:45" We both grabbed our suitcases and walked up to the door

"Should we ring it or?" I asked

"Let's surprise them" He smirked ringing to doorbell. I heard a scream and saw a figure run to the door. Oh Gemma. She swung it open with a huge smile on her face

"Emily!"

"Gemma!" We both crashed into each other hugging and spinning and laughing like total idiots. Gemma became one of my closest friends after I met Harry.

"I missed you!" She practically screamed in my ear

"I know I missed you too! We have a lot of catching up to do" Once we pulled away from each other Gemma seemed to remember Harry was here

"Oh hey little brother" She hugged his torso. We pushed our suitcases against the wall then walked into the kitchen where Anne and Robin were sitting

"My baby's home!" She said running over to Harry as they hugged then she smiled when she saw me "Emily I haven't seen you in years"

"I know it's been crazy" We hugged

"Can I talk to you for a second?" She whispered in my ear and I nodded as she lead me out the kitchen

"What's up?" I asked

"Harry doesn't know I know about your parents..does he even know what happened?" This being a really touchy topic my mood kind of dropped but I'll try to seem like nothing ever happened

"He knows but I don't know..I knew you knew but I feel like Harry's out of it. How come you didn't tell him?"

"I don't know..we thought it was best to keep it from him..he was just getting his career started and we didn't want to distract him"

"So what are we going to do?"

"I'll find a way to tell him we've known..it's just gonna be difficult"

"Emily?" Harry called out then soon spotted us

"Hey" I smiled. He looked puzzled with why Anne and I were talking in secret but shrug it off

"Um we were just catching up you wanna join us?" He asked referring to both of us. My eyes glanced toward Anne and then she put on a cheery face and answered

"Yeah we were just talking" She smiled leading both of us back in the kitchen area.

We talked for hours just all of us about everything that's happened. Except my parents. Gemma and I went to her room and I told her about Harry and how we had to be separated. It was nice talking to her after forever.

"Okay well I'm super tired so I'm going to go to bed" She said tucking herself under the covers

"Okay night Gemma" I closed the door behind me walking over to Harry's room.

"Hey" I softly said then realized he was staring at his hands not looking up at me..oh gosh I'm in for something

"What's wrong Harry?" I said sitting on his bed next to him taking his hand into mine

"My mum told me"

••••••••••••••••••••••

Heyy! Okay so I've noticed that a lot of the numbers and dates are really off so try to ignore that I'm sorry:/

10 votes for next chapter?

-katherine😚