Chapter 45

"Harry which pair do you like better?" I held up a black and red pair of skinny jeans in front of him as he was propped up on the bed watching me choose and outfit

"I like you better with no pants but that's just me" He smirked

"Hm. But seriously which one?"

"Um black"

I organized all my clothes on the bed consisting of tights under my jeans, thick socks with my boots, white tank top, a sweater, then a coat over it, and a beanie.

"Why do you have so many clothes?" Harry asked

"It's going to be freezing tonight!"

"But you were wearing those strapless dresses like it was nothing the other day"

"Because we were inside most of the time"

I had a little trouble, well a lot actually getting my tights on as Harry amusingly watched me.

"Need help?"

"No I got it" I said while jumping up and down trying to pull them up then falling on the ground because of the slippery hard wood floor.

"Uh huh sure you do" He held out his hand for me and I grabbed it as he pulled me up

"Thanks" I stepped into my jeans pulling them up without falling this time. Next I put my pink sweater over my tank top then my socks and boots. I did my makeup not too much but it still looked fine. I flat ironed my hair then perfectly put my black beanie over it.

"Emily are you almost done?" Harry yelled from the living room

"Give me a second!" I made sure my ring was on my finger and that I had my locket around my neck.

"Lilah where are you?" I said walking into the bedroom. I grabbed my coat then walked into the living room and saw Harry setting up a little pin for Lilah to stay in for the night.

I put my phone in my coat then turned out all the bedroom lights and everything but left one on.

"Ready?" I asked

"Yep let's go" Harry locked the door behind us. The wind was making it worse too along with the fact that it was snowing. But with all the Christmas lights it looked like a winter wonderland.

"Are you sure you're not cold Harry?"

"No this coat is fine" Our hands interlaced as we walked a few blocks leading up to the square. I saw Little Mix playing on stage and a shop selling hot chocolate very close by.

Harry and I sat at an empty bench enjoying the music and the snow it was perfect.

"You know I'd always come here as a kid every Christmas. Gemma and I would throw snowballs at each other. It was nice especially when she was soaking wet" Harry made me laugh at this

"Please don't get me wet"

"Maybe not with snow but-"

"Harry!" We both started laughing

"I'm kidding I'm kidding love"

"Some how I find that hard to believe"

"Do you want some hot chocolate?"

"Yeah sounds great"

"Okay I'll be right back don't leave"

"Why would I do that?" He just shook his head and I sat on my phone waiting for him. It was already 11:50 only a few more minutes.

A few minutes later Harry came back..wow that was fast. Although the person sitting next to me wasn't Harry

"Hey Emily"

"Hi Josh what are you doing here?" Okay is he following me?

"Oh nothing I was just coming to hang out see if anyone else was lonely"

"Oh um you should know I'm with Harry he's getting us hot chocolate"

"Oh don't worry I'm not trying to steal you away from him we're just friends right?"

"Yeah just friends. Um okay well I'm going to go find Harry"

I waved bye and then ran into the little shop but I couldn't find him. I tried calling him but he wouldn't pick up. I ran around the square but he wasn't there. Did he just disappear? Oh great and I left the bench he thinks I ditched him.

HARRY'S POV

I walked out with our hot chocolate and as I was walking towards where Emily and I were sitting she wasn't there. I told her not to leave. It was already 11:55. We're going to miss the midnight kiss.

I frantically ran around trying to find her but I only had two more minutes. I set the cups on a table not caring if someone took them or not.

One minute left. Where was she?!

30 seconds. Okay we're definitely going to miss it if I don't find her in the next 30 seconds.

15 seconds.

10 seconds.

5 seconds. I found her!

But she was kissing someone else.