Chapter 50

It was already 11 and I'm just now starting Calculus. I did my essay and I'm ready for science but I really could have used that extra hour that Harry let me sleep.

I was dozing off but I was really tired. I needed caffine. I slowly unlocked the door peering out to make sure no one was awake. I tiptoed into the kitchen and started making some coffee.

I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around and of course it was Harry leaning on the doorframe. I turned around facing my coffee now. Ohh silent treatment. Guys hate that.

"Emily can we please talk?" I grabbed my cup and walked right past him and back into the guest room but forgot to lock it damn it. He came in and shut the door behind him. I pretended to read my Calculus book because I obviously didn't understand any of it. Oh gosh I'm going to fail.

He sat next to me on the bed and grabbed my book reading over it then started explaining it to me like nothing happened.

"Like this?" I asked showing him one of the problems I did

"Yeah that's right" He smiled back at me. For someone who didn't go to college he's really smart.

"I'm still mad at you"

"I know" He kissed my cheek then left the room. It was already midnight. I was just going to do a few more problems then I could go to sleep.

HARRY'S POV

An hour passed and Emily still hadn't come upstairs. She's probably still really mad. I tiptoed downstairs to check on her and she fell asleep next to her textbook and had her pencil in her hand still.

She was so adorable I could stand here all night watching her sleep. Okay that sounds creepy.

"Harry!" Gemma whispered from behind me signaling for me to come talk to her in the kitchen

"What?"

"What was that whole fight thing about earlier?"

"This guy was hitting on her and was telling her I'm sneaking around with other girls"

"You're not are you?"

"No why would you think that?"

"I don't know I mean he thought I was one of your girlfriends"

"Because he's an idiot"

"Who is he anyway?"

"This guy from her school I don't know she hasn't brought him up"

"Probably because she can take care of it herself. She doesn't need the overprotective boyfriend"

"It's not being overprotective it's caring"

"It's being overprotective Harry. I had a boyfriend once in highschool who never let me hang out with any other guy and yeah most of them were hitting on me but I knew how to handle it and so does Emily. Not only does she think you don't trust her she thinks you think that she can't take care of herself"

"She told you that?"

"No it's obvious"

"How is that obvious?" She smirked at my confusion but girls are complicated nothing is ever just 'obvious'

"And you're almost 20? You still have a lot to learn Harry" She laughed

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Get some sleep little brother" She ruffled my hair then walked upstairs. I went into the guest room and put her books away then tucked her in bed and kissed her forehead.

I had to sleep alone again upstairs and I didn't like it but I guess I'd have to deal with it.

EMILY'S POV

I was sleeping peacefully until Calculus showed up in my dream making me wake up. It was 4 am on my phone and I don't think I could go to sleep now.

I saw my reflection in the mirror and I looked like a zombie. No amount of makeup could cover my tiredness up. But it could try.

I took my clothes off from yesterday and stepped into the hot water. After washing my hair and my body at a very slow pace I stepped out and dried off.

I ran upstairs hoping no one would see me in a towel after blow drying my hair. I tiptoed into Harry's room and slipped a pair of underwear and a bra on.

"What are you doing up a 4:30 in the morning?" Harry groggily woke up

"I couldn't sleep"

"Come here" I bit my lip deciding whether or not to listen to him. I'm still mad at him right? "Please?" I gave in and got under the covers with him and his arms snaked around my waist pulling me closer to him.

He was so warm and comforting I never wanted to leave.

"Just a few minutes Harry" He just hummed in response

***

I heard the alarm clock go off telling me it was 6 and I had to go to school. Harry was sound asleep so I just gently got out of his grasp. I braided my hair letting it fall down my back and put a blue sweater on with a white scarf and white jeans with black flats.

I tried covering up my bags under my eyes with some foundation and mascara but it wasn't working as expected.

I grabbed my purse from downstairs and studied a little but drinking more coffee. I'm addicted and I need to wake up. It was already 7 so I left the house and was on my way to school.

Once I got there I totally avoided Nick but of course he couldn't let it go.

"Emily wait can we talk?" He grabbed my arm pulling me aside

"Oh are you going to ask me out now?"

"No I wanted to apologize. I'm sorry for hitting on you and saying those things about Harry"

"And?"

"And for fighting him"

"Well I accept your apology but I can't have any distractions for this test"

"Okay" I found my desk and pulled out all the things Harry taught me and when the bell rang I felt good about this test.

~~~

I just finished my science test and it was time for lunch but I was going home. I don't care if I get in trouble I physically can't stay awake any longer.

The drive home was difficult because my eyelids were getting heavy. I finally pulled into the drive way and walked inside.

"What are you doing home so early?" Harry asked

"I'm so tired I couldn't stay awake. I'm going to sleep we'll talk later"

"Okay" I ran upstairs and took my shoes off then climbed into Harry's bed and fell asleep immediactely.