Chapter 46

EMILY'S POV

Only a few seconds left. Where was Harry? Great we're going to miss it. The count down was almost up. Finally I saw him. Or at least I think it was Harry. It was dim and I couldn't see very well but he crashed his lips on mine.

Did he suddenly kiss differently or something? Our lips moved in sync until someone called my name.

"Emily?" Okay that was Harry. Then who the hell am I kissing?! I pushed the person away from me then realized it was Josh. Oh crap. I just made one of the biggest mistakes ever.

"Harry wait!" He took off sprinting away from me

"What the hell Josh?!"

"You were all alone you needed someone to kiss when the timer went up and anyway you kissed me back too"

"Because I thought you were Harry!"

"Look I'm sorry"

"Don't apologize to me apologize to Harry!" I tried running back to our apartment but these boots were making it very difficult. I finally made it and the door was locked. Damn it.

"Harry please open the door!" I banged on the door and then before I knew it I was screaming and crying and banging on the door for him to open up

"Harry please! I can explain I'm sorry" I slid down the door crying. Eventually I just sat there and buried my head in my hands until I heard someone calling my name but unfortunately it was behind me not inside.

"Emily what are you doing?" Perrie rushed up the stairs to me

"Can I stay with you and Zayn please?"

"Sure hun c'mon what happened?"

"I'll explain later" I said through my tears

"Let's get you in a warm place" She walked me to the car and I got in the backseat and Perrie joined me rubbing my back trying to comfort me but it wasn't working.

Soon we got to their house and I took my coat off as I walked in. It was small but comforting.

"Let's get you cleaned up" Perrie grabbed my arm and we walked in their bathroom. My face was red from the cold and my mascara was running down my cheeks and my eyes were red and puffy.

I tied my hair back and washed all my makeup off. We sat on her and Zayn's bed and I guess now would be a good time to tell her what happened.

"Why didn't Harry let you in?"

"Well he went to go get us hot chocolate then Josh Hutchinson showed up and started talking to me then I said I was going to look for Harry then for the midnight kiss I thought Harry was kissing me but it was Josh I just couldn't see. And Harry found me kissing him back then ran off and didn't let me inside"

"Aw well if you tell him it was a misunderstanding I'm sure he'll understand"

"I know but what if he just doesn't want to talk to me?"

"He'll have to eventually" We hugged for a long time and I sobbed into her shirt

"Hey Em-" Zayn came in but stopped himself as he saw we were having a moment

"No it's fine um yeah?"

"I set up the couch for you to sleep on"

"Thanks Zayn" I smiled then left them alone and went to go on my phone.

I called Harry over and over again. Literally about 20 times until my phone died. I found one of Perrie's chargers and plugged it in then realized it was like 3 in the morning. I turned on the tv to try to help my self fall asleep but I haven't felt this alone ever.

The hours passed and I realized I wasn't getting to sleep any time soon. The sun was starting to rise too. Great. I turned off the tv and folded the sheets Zayn put out for me. I put my boots and coat on then got my phone and left.

Our apartment wasn't too far from Perrie's house so I'll just walk. I checked my phone hoping Harry would call me but nothing. I tried him a few more times then the tears started flowing again.

Eventually after a half an hour I got to our apartment where just a few hours ago I was balling out crying on the doorstep.

I checked my pockets hoping to find a spare key but couldn't. Then I checked under the matt and in the plants until finally I got it. I ever so slowly unlocked it and quietly opened it. I closed it behind me but when I turned around he was standing right there.

His eyes were red too and his hair was a mess. I saw a few beer bottles lying around the house. Lilah was okay though.

"What are you doing here?" He asked harshly. What do I say what do I say...

"I just came to get my things" I said quieter than I expected

I walked into our room that was pretty much distroyed. Clothes were everywhere, empty beer bottles, etc.

"Where did you go last night?" A little spark went off inside me..at least he still cares about me

"I slept on the porch" Ha let's see what his reaction was

"What? You could have frozen to death!"

"I was kidding. Perrie picked me up and I stayed over there" I put a few things in my suitcase that would be useful then made my way back to the door until I couldn't control myself he had to know I didn't intentionally kiss Josh

"Harry can we please talk?"

"What's there to talk about?"

"I thought you were Josh I swear. That's why I kissed him back" He didn't say anything so that means he was considering in believing me. Before I almost forgot I took my ring off and placed it in his hand.

We made eye contact before I opened the door and walked out.

Well what now. I don't have a car so I guess more walking. But now that I had other shoe options I put on flats and it made it easier for me to walk to the nearest hotel.

I found one that looked good so I got a room and fell asleep as soon as I got into bed.

•••••••••••••••••••••

Don't worry Emily and Harry will be fine I promise!

Keep reading commenting and voting!

-katherine🙈