Chapter 1

Lisa's POV:-
"Yayyyy we are moving into a new house today..I'm so happy", I heard Hadley hopping around everywhere in excitement.
Hadley is my younger sister. She is six years old and one of the cutest kids you'll ever see.
Those hazel hair, blue eyes and that breath taking smile are something you would just fall for. She defines cuteness in the best possible manner.

She came running towards me and I gave her a tight hug. I kissed on her cheeks and asked, "Ready to go, sweetheart?".
Her face lightened up and she nodded.

We had our bags packed and transported already. The house was completely furnished so we didn't have to take our furniture along. We sold it as well as our property before leaving.

I could see Mom and Dad coming from their room. They were taking pictures of our house, that we were about to leave. No matter the house we were moving into was way better than this one but we had our emotional sentiments attached to this house.
I wanted to capture every glimpse of this house in my memory forever.

Hadley then said, "Bye bye house".
She had this adorable habit of talking to practically everything, be it her teddy bear or our home or her doll house. Just like I said, she is adorable to the square of infinity.

After taking some hundred pictures we all finally bid a last goodbye to our home sweet home and sat in our car. Fox River State wasn't really far. It was a three hour drive which I think isn't too long.

I sang songs with Hadley all the way and it was super fun. Finally we reached our destination. I liked the neighborhood. I had heard quite a few rumours of this house being haunted but I'm just not that superstitious moron who would buy everything.

Well, this 'haunted house' was not an isolated building, as you might think it to be. It was situated in a beautiful street and there were many buildings in that street but those adjacent to ours were vacant.

Our luggage had already been transported here and the walls had been painted a day before.
To say that the house was huge would be an understatement. It was enormous!

It had a beautiful garden which had all sorts of fruit bearing trees.  There were swings in the backyard which made Hadley all the more happy.
Wait. Hadley. Where is she?

"Hadley?" I called for her. She was just 6 years old and I didn't want her to explore the house by herself. I went further to look for her and there she was in the verandah. She was talking to our new house. I couldn't help but smile. I went to her and said, "Come on Hadley, let's go inside".

She nodded and said "Yeah! Bye Katie, see you later".
I asked her ," is that what you have named our house. Out of all the names ,Katie?", saying this I chuckled.
She started laughing as well and said ," You're stupid Lisa. I didn't name this house. Katie was the girl who I was talking to in the verandah".

______________________________________________________________________

*Hey guys!
I hope you'll like the story. The first chapter was boring but it had to be descriptive. And yes I will soon reveal pictures of all the characters.
Please vote and comment.
Happy reading :)*