Chapter 28

Mom is sitting here! Right in front of me.
Why am I shocked? This is what happens daily.

"Nothing Mom. I just wanted to know if the lunch is ready? I'm really hungry", I lied.
"So am I", said Grandpa, who was coming downstairs along with Granny and Dad.

Dad still had a frown on his face. Like always!
Granny asked Hadley, "aren't you feeling hungry sweetie? Come let's go to the dining room."

"I am really hungry Granny but I don't want to eat in here. I want to eat outside with Aunt Sarah.", Hadley said.
"Oh that lady is back?", Grandpa exclaimed. "Don't worry. This tine I'm gonna give her an earful."

"Grandpa! No! Don't say anything to Aunt Sarah. I really like her", Hadley screamed.
"Okay, fine Hadley. Take your food and go outside. I really want to see who this Aunt Sarah is.", Dad said.

Mom had served the food by then and she handed Hadley her plate.
Hadley happily went outside, hopping.
Grandpa, Dad and I followed her.
We didn't get too close but were watching her from the verandah.

"Oh. There she is. Why does this lady come back again and again?", Grandpa asked furiously.
I couldn't see anyone except Hadley sitting under the banyan tree.
The tree where 4 people were hanged to death.

Dad was shocked. "I can't see anyone!", he said.
"Same here", I said.
We saw Hadley handing her plate to someone.
Well, obviously I knew it was Sarah but for Dad it was just thin air.

"She's gonna drop it now", Dad said doing a facepalm.
But no. The plate didn't fall. It wasn't in Hadley's hands either.

"Are you stupid Luke! Can't you see that lady holding the plate and feeding Hadley?", Grandpa said and stormed towards the tree.

"What the hell is going on?", Dad sat down , having no clue what to do.

*******************************

Short update. But I'll update again today, don't worry.
And I guess there was some confusion regarding the previous Author's note.
What I wanted to ask was whether or not you guys want a question&answer update?
Like you could ask any doubt about the story or if you want to know anything about me.

All those who commented, guys I do see all your votes and thank you so much for that!❤