Chapter 18

I freaked out and stood up.
I thought about leaving the library but something stopped me. The reason I came here for was still unanswered and to save my family, I had to do this.

Even if I had made a death wish, I wouldn't regret it. For I was doing this for my family.
I further looked for some more information and I found a newspaper, which read

'Richard Cyrus, who was accused of killing his wife and two more people, was found hanging down the banyan tree in his house.
As per the post mortem reports, it is a case of suicide.'

So one thing was for sure. That I wasn't just dreaming about what Emily told me.
Each and every thing she said,actually happened.

I took some of the newspapers with me and headed back home.
I had to match the pictures given in the newspapers with the bungalow, in order to know, where exactly those people were killed.

I decided to make a video in which I would walk around and inside the bungalow.
This would help me in comparing the pictures as well.

I put the newspapers in my bag and took out my phone to shoot the video.
Luckily no one was home so I could easily do this job.

I started with the front lawn, capturing all the trees and then moved towards the backyard.
After I was done with the exteriors, I went inside.
I went into each and every room, the attic, terrace, closets.
It took me around half an hour to do the same but at last it was done.

I sat in my room and connected my phone to my laptop.
I took out the newspapers and started matching the pictures.
Just then I heard some sound.
It was in the video.

I plugged in my earphones and tried to listen.
I was watching the trees that I had closely filmed, and I could hear someone say ," it's beautiful, right?"
I jumped off the bed.
Whose voice was this? It was that of a lady, but who was it.

As I further saw the video, wherein I was filming the backyard, I could hear a man and a woman talking, but it was so faint that I couldn't understand.

As I went inside the bungalow, in the video, I heard sounds of multiple footsteps, like someone was running around the house.
And when I finally reached the attic I heard ," it's good to have you back here."