Chapter 37

I quickly went to my room.
"Tara, we need to get the exorcism done as soon as possible!", I said.
"That won't be possible unless we find some proof that would convince the Church that an exorcism in necessary.", Tara said.

"But it's just not possible. I have told you about the video ,right? It's just impossible to collect evidences.", I said.

"Lisa. An exorcism is a very dangerous thing. It can take lives as well. There have been cases where exorcisms failed. Your father doesn't believe in all of this. If anything happens to Haldey or Molly, he is gonna blame the priest for the same.", Tara said.

Well I had been a fan of horror movies and incidents, no matter I didn't believe in them. So I knew a lot about this exorcism procedure.

"Well, Tara we can call a priest just to see the condition of this house and Hadley. We won't ask him to perform the exorcism until and unless he is convinced to do the same.", I said.

"Okay. I'll ask Father Edward to come tomorrow, but don't have high hopes Lisa. This is gonna be very difficult.", she said.

Dad didn't approve of the same but Granny forced him to.
Ever since the incident wherein Mom was trying to kill Hadley, even Grandpa was a little confused so he didn't disapprove of calling the priest.

I waited impatiently the next day.
I ran towards the door as soon as the doorbell rang.
I opened the door to see Tara standing with a man which I knew was Father Edward.

"Lisa. This is Father Edward", Tara said.
"Nice to meet you Father", I said with a smile, "please come in."

I prepared tea for them and sat beside them in the drawing room.
"Tara has told me about what she and you have witnessed in this house. But I have to check myself first before asking the Church for allowing me to perform an exorcism", Father said.

"Sure Father", I said, " I think you should see Hadley first".
He nodded and we went to her room.
I was shocked. She was playing with her dollhouse, looking like she always does.

"Father I swear it wasn't Hadley, who spoke to me yesterday. Please believe me." , I pleaded.

"How about having a check on your mom?", he asked.
"Sure."
We went to mom's room. She was sleeping.
I tried to wake her up.
"Yes, Lisa? Do you need something?", she asked.

This is insane! They all are behaving completely normal.

"Let's go outside", Father said.
"Father, please believe me. I'm not lying", I started crying.

"I know Lisa. Don't worry I believe you. But still we have to collect some evidence and we will do the same", he said assuringly.

"I want you to call that doctor, Tara told me about. The one who was called to treat Molly. He would be a witness to the fact that their condition is not a medical illness", Father said.

"Okay Father", I said.

*******************************