Chapter 10

I let out a scream as soon as I heard that sound.
I looked around everywhere hoping to find someone but there was no one except me.

"Honey, why aren't you in your bed?". Oh no. Mom is back! She's gonna kill me if she doesn't find me in bed.
I quickly rush down the stairs and walk towards my room, when I see my mom singing a lullaby to someone.
Katie! Why is my mom singing a lullaby to her?
"My little baby girl"
Wait. This isn't my mom. Who is she.

"Who are you?", I asked with a shaky voice.
She turned her head towards me.
It was probably the worst sight I have ever witnessed. Her face was covered in blood, marks and burns.

She was Emily!
Or rather I should say Amelia Winston.
I didn't realise when I fell unconscious.
I woke up in my bed, the doctor sitting beside me.
He was checking my pulse.

"99.4°F. It's good you're recovering", the doctor said.
Saying this he left.
"Mom, what happened?"
"You were lying unconscious outside the attic! I told you to stay in your bed, didn't I?
"Outside the attic? But mom, I was here in my room when I saw Emily and Katie."

"Lisa! You are sick, okay? Please get some sleep now. I'll prepare some soup for you.", saying this she left.

I lay down on my bed, trying to comprehend what was going on.
Was I really sick and just imagining things?
Suddenly, I saw Hadley coming into my room.

"Lisa, are you okay?".
"Yes I'm fine", I said.
"You just shouldn't mess with other people's stuff Lisa. That's what mom has taught us. Why did you touch Katie's drawings and toys. She is furious now."

I was shocked. "Hadley, how do you know about this?"
But she didn't say anything.
Just sat beside me, put her hand on my forehead, trying to make me sleep.
"My little baby girl".
I opened my eyes and it wasn't Hadley.

___________________________________
*hey guys! Thank you so much for all the votes. I might forget some names but each and every vote of yours is appreciated.
I would like to thank EnzoDamian1610 tally_2017 ballisticweirdo and indie0 for their votes. Thank you <3