Chapter 27

Granny almost jumped off the bed listening to Amelia's voice.
"What was that?", she squeaked.
"Granny, she was Amelia Winston. The woman you were scolding outside was Sarah Waters. I have never seen her. And the girl Katie is also dead.", I said.

"Why the hell are you living at such a place? It's so dangerous!", Granny shouted.
"Because mom and Dad just don't believe me. They think that I'm sick or something", I said with my face drooping down.

"Oh. Don't worry hun. I'll talk to your grandpa about this", she said with a calm smile.
But I knew she couldn't convince them that easily.

As soon as Dad and Grandpa came back, Granny called them in her room to have a word with them.
I was sitting along.
"Yes mom, what is it?", Dad asked.
"Luke, Henry, I think there's something wrong with this house."

Henry is my grandpa's name.
"Mom, what happened?", Dad asked with a frown on his face.
"Henry, you remember those gatekeepers, right? Well the lady whom we saw came back. I asked her name and she turns out to be the woman who died probably two hundred years ago", Granny said.

"I think you're just overthinking", Grandpa said while reading the newspaper clipping that Granny just gave him.

"It might be a prank. Some youngsters just using the history of this house as a reason to joke? That's it.", Grandpa said.

"And what about that girl Katie, whom I saw in Hadley's room?", Granny asked.
"Honey, Katie was that teddy bear that was kept beside Hadley. I know you were playing with Hadley but the game's over now.", Grandpa said.

Now it was Dad's turn.
"Lisa! You have been stuffing all this nonsense in Granny's head, right?", he shouted at me.
"Dad! If you don't want to believe us, that's your call. But you are gonna regret it later.", I said and left the room.

I went to Hadley's room and what I saw was horrifying.
Is mom trying to kill Hadley!
"Mom. What the hell, leave her!
Why have you tied her to bed?", I screamed.

"You don't tell me what to do young girl and your sister's gonna die the same way"

It was Mom but not her voice.
And the girl in bed was Katie.
I was scared to death.
"Mom?" I just screamed and went outside the room.

"Yes Lisa, what happened?", she was sitting in the hall with Hadley.