Chapter 24

"Mom, did you see her?", I screamed.
Mom was too scared to say anything.
"Mom? You're listening right?", I asked.
She nodded.

"You do believe me now?", I asked.
She didn't say anything. Just sat on the bed.
She was behaving weird.
"Mom?", I said tapping her shoulder.

She turned her head.
Her eyes were no longer that of a human. My mom had hazel eyes and this was black.
I stepped back.

"Come, let me put you to sleep", she said with a grin.
What the hell is going on with me? I didn't freak out.
I was used to this.
I just went out and sat in my room.

Basically, everyone in this house is possessed, except me and Dad.
But I'm sure I can't even convince Dad that there's something wrong with this place.
As soon as he would be back, everyone would just behave normal, as if I'm a psycho or something like that.

Maybe I could put cameras in every room, but I tried making a video before. It was a futile attempt.
How could I forget? Granny and Grandpa are coming to visit us tomorrow.
And they'll be staying for a couple of days.
Maybe they can help me.

Thinking this ,I slept.
The next morning, all of us were eagerly waiting for Granny and Grandpa.
I was obviously way too eager because I needed someone who would trust me.

And there they were.
They entered with a frown on their faces.
"What happened, mom?", Dad asked.
"Luke. You definitely need to hire a sophisticated gate keeper. This one is way too rude", Granny said.

"Gatekeeper? We haven't appointed any!", Dad said.
"Oh. I guess you have people who work for free for you", Grandpa said rolling his eyes.

"And his wife! She is a maniac, I swear. She wasn't letting me come inside saying that it was her house!", Granny said.

Dad had lost his temper by now. He went out to check who these people were.
"Mom, Dad? There's no one here!", Dad said.
"Hah! He won't even dare to come back after I scolded him." Grandpa said proudly.

Only if they knew, that they will come back. That they never left, they're always here.

******************************