Chapter 5

I freaked out.
"Hadley, is it you doing all these pranks? Please stop it now!".
"What did I do Lisa?", she asked.
My brain couldn't process anything at that time. I just put Hadley back to bed and went to my room, trying to figure out all that happened.

Maybe I was just over thinking. Probably all those rumours about our house made me think that way.
I needed sleep. I had to go to school the next morning.
I just hoped that I would find some good company there.

I woke up reluctantly and headed for shower. After getting dressed, I waited for our driver to come.
Since it was a new place, we appointed a new chauffer as he would be well aware of all the routes and places.
Robert, our driver, was in time. It took us some fifteen minutes to reach my school.
It wasn't that far.

Well, the building was beautiful and huge. I walked nervously, trying to find my class.
"Excuse me, can you please lead me to Class XII A, if that's not a problem?", I asked a brunette haired guy. He had green eyes and was quite tall.
He said ," Sure! I'm studying in the same class. Are you a new student? Wait. You're Lisa Simon, if I'm not wrong?".

"Umm yes I am. But how do you know?", I asked.
"Well, you know there are rarely any new admissions in Class XII. And also you live in the bungalow in Hampshire Street, don't you?".
"And how do you know that?", I asked.
He laughed. "It's quite a popular bungalow. I'm sure you know the reasons, right?"

I giggled. "Yes, I do. But I don't believe in this supernatural stuff."
"That's good. Neither do I. Come on, let's go", he said.
"I'm sorry I didn't ask you your name."
"I'm Arthur Louis", he said with a smile.
I smiled back.

As soon as we entered the classroom, I was showered with hundreds of questions, most of them being about our new bungalow.
A girl named Lily then said,"Guys, let her atleast step inside. We can play 21 questions later, can't we?".
Everyone laughed and nodded.

I sat beside Lily for she was the one I felt the most comfortable with, at that time.
Arthur sat with his friends in the opposite row.
I asked Lily where she lives and it turned out to be the street next to mine.
That was good.

Lily said," I would love to visit your bungalow some day. I really don't believe in this ghosts and spirits bullshit".
"Neither do I", I said.
She then said, "You must be tired of listening to those same old stories again and again, aren't you?.
"Umm, well I'm lucky that I haven't heard many. Just about some weird noises that people hear at that place. And that bungalow had been vacant for so many years and now is possessed by some spirits." I said laughing.

She laughed as well and said, "You know your bungalow is so much known for the Winstons' family.
It is said that Riley Winston and his wife Amelia Winston lived in this bungalow, in the 19th century. But no body knows how they disappeared."

"Just two people in such a big bungalow?, I asked.
"No, they had a daughter as well. But people say that she was insane. That's why her parents abandoned her when she was quite young. What was her name? Katie I guess."

______________________________________________________________________

*Hey guys!
What are your views regarding the story so far?
Do let me know and please vote :)
happy reading!*