Chapter 13

I quickly rushed out of the attic.
Amelia wanted to kill Hadley and Riley wanted to kill all of us.
Maybe we should leave this house.

"Mom, I need to talk to you".
"Yes, what is it?", mom asked.
"I think this is just not the right place to live in. We should leave this house".
"Lisa, are you out of your mind? We have just moved in three days ago! Do you think it's some kind of a joke?", mom said in a harsh tone.

"Mom I know it's not easy but I'm worried for Hadley. There's something wrong with this house.", I said.

"Enough Lisa! No one except you feels uneasy here. You're just sick so please take some rest!"
It wasn't possible to convince mom.
I had to prove it first that there was something wrong with this place.
But for that I need to know the history of this place, and that wouldn't be easy.

It was six in the evening. Hadley was playing in the backyard. She loved swings more than anything.
I was walking in the verandah.
For once I felt good, the cool breeze touched my skin and seemed to gently take away all my fears.
The chirping of birds made it all the more better.

I closed my eyes to savour this peaceful moment but suddenly I heard a sound. It was something like 'Hushhh'. I don't know what it was but all the birds stopped chirping and flew away.

I ran to check on Hadley and there she was. Hopping everywhere in the backyard.
"Hadley, did you hear that sound?"
"Which sound Lisa? Oh. Are you talking about uncle John?", she asked.
"Who is uncle John?"
"He is the caretaker of this house stupid. Haven't you seen him standing beside the gate all day?", she chuckled.

I don't know who this Uncle John is but I'm sure things are going to get worse now.

___________________________________
This was a short update. I hope you're liking the story.
Please do vote and help this story reach #1 in horror genre.
Thank you!