Chapter 41

"Father, do something", I screamed.
"Put her down", Father said while sprinkling holy water at her.

She fell down on the bed.
"Hadley, are you okay?", I sat beside her.
She started laughing again.
"She is gone".

Hadley fainted.
I was scared to death. I asked the doctor to check her pulse and blood pressure.
"150 beats per minute. This is way too dangerous Father. We have to stop this.", Doctor James said.

The exorcism failed.
We had to stop it for the sake of Hadley.
"We will perform an exorcism again after a few hours", Father said and walked towards Hadley.
He put the holy cross on her forehead and she woke up.

"Esto no funcionará. Nunca vas a recuperarla." (This won't work.You are never going to get her back.)
Saying this she threw the Holy Cross and closed her eyes.

We left her room.
"Father, why is this happening to her. Why not me?", I said crying.

"Because she wants to cause as much pain as she can to everyone. She couldn't have a perfect family. She wouldn't let you have the same. She knows how much you love Hadley", Father said.

I just went outside where Dad was sitting alone.
"Dad, what happened?, I asked him.
He didn't answer.
"I couldn't save my daughter. I love her so much", he said.

"Dad don't worry. We are gonna save Hadley", I said.
"Katie was my life. I wish I could save her.", he said.

I froze.
"Riley?", I said.
"I told you to leave this house. I have been protecting Hadley ever since she came here. She could have died long ago", he said.

"But it's not only Hadley. Amelia has posessed my mom as well", I said, "why didn't you help her?".

"Wendy is such an evil spirit. I cannot prevent her from doing all that she does, I can just try to delay it. Amelia was posessed while alive. She still is.
Getting your mother rid of her would help Amelia too.", he said.

I was way too confused.
A spirit has posessed another spirit? Does that even happen in the other realm?
Well, I don't know.

"Should we leave this house?", I asked.
"Too late", he said.
"Try seeking help from every possible source. Keep your mind open", saying this Dad fainted.

"Dad, are you okay?", I asked.
He opened his eyes.
"What am I doing here in the verandah?", he asked.
"You just came out to have some fresh air but you fainted. Come on let's go inside.", I said.

I told about my encounter with Riley to Father Edward.
I wanted to know what 'keeping your mind open' could possibly mean.

Father Edward looked towards Tara.
"You need to talk to the Waters couple, for they were the one present with the Cyrus family", Father said.

******************************
I'll be updating again today.
And I guess no one here wants a character to die. Well, neither do I.
I believe in happy endings but I'm sure suspense can be added even without killing the characters , right?
Anyway let me know via comments your views regarding the story so far :)
Thank you!