Chapter 9

The girl you didn't notice is now at #21 in horror. Thank you so much everyone :)

Lisa's POV:-
I rushed out of my room and headed towards the attic.
To my surprise, there was a lock at the door.
"Mom! Please come here!, I screamed.
"Lisa, why aren't you in your bed? I told you to take some rest.", my mom said.
"Mom why is this attic locked?".
"Honey, it's been locked ever since we came here."

I stood there, my jaw probably touching the floor. "Umm. Mom can you please get me the keys to this lock?".
"Lisa. You can explore the house later on, can't you?"
"Mom please, I need them"
"Okay, they are in the second drawer in the closet. But you'll go to bed right now, okay?"
I nodded and went back to bed.

But I didn't sleep. I just pretended to do the same and waited for Mom to leave.
As soon as she went out I looked for the keys in the drawer and rushed up the stairs.
I quickly opened the lock and went inside.
The attic was the same which means that I wasn't dreaming. But there wasn't any table or chair.

How's that possible. I started opening all the trunks and boxes in order to find something useful.
There was nothing useful, just some old crockery and toys.
Beneath the toys I could see a folded paper.
I picked it up. It was quite dusty, obviously untouched since many years.
It wasn't just a piece of paper. It was the same Ouija board that I saw , in my dreams or I don't know where.

What the hell was happening to me!
I further looked in the trunks and found some drawings.
It was obvious that they were made by some kid.
But I tried to guess what it was.
A black haired little girl was standing with a friend of hers.

God! This is Hadley. She is wearing the same green frock right now, her teddy bear in her hand. The doll house, tea party. Everything. How's this possible.
The black haired girl is Katie, wearing the same pink frock that I saw her wearing.

I couldn't help but cry. What did this girl want? Why was she troubling Hadley!
I further searched the trunks and found a black and white photograph.
The girl was Katie, no doubt, and behind her were a lady and a man. Obviously, they must be her parents.

The lady. I have seen her somewhere. Wait. I have seen this man too. Emily and Riley!
Those people who came with Lily and Arthur.
But they didn't look that old as they look in the photograph. They definitely looked like they were in their early twenties, but not that old that they could have a young daughter.

I kept the photograph back and was about to lock the attic, when I heard a whisper, " Catch me if you can.".

______________________________________________________________________