Chapter 8

My rational thinking seemed to lose its track.
I just left the Ouija board there and came downstairs.
"Hadley, where are you?".
There she was. Playing with a teddy bear.
But this girl had black hair. She isn't Hadley. Who is she?

I took short footsteps towards her. "Excuse me?".
She didn't respond.
"Hello? Where's your mommy?",I asked.
"She is dead."
I froze. Her voice was not that of a child.
"Katie?", I asked with a shaky voice.
"Yes, you called me. I'm here."

I let out a scream and fainted.
When I woke up, I was in my bed. Mom was sitting beside me.
"Mom?", I said in a low voice.
How did I reach here.
"Honey, when we came back, you were lying on the floor in Hadley's room and she was trying to wake you up.
Hadley's room?
But I saw Katie in the drawing room.
''It's okay sweetie, you just have some fever. It will get okay in some time." , mom said soothingly.
"Take some rest. I'll wake up Hadley. She was waiting since so long for you to wake up."
I nodded.

After a minute or two, Hadley came in, rubbing her eyes.
"How are you Lisa?", she asked.
"I'm fine honey. But can you help me recollect what I was doing in your room before I fainted?, I asked her.

"Yeah. You just came in to see what I was doing. I was playing with my dollhouse. You stood there for a while and then fainted."
"What? But I introduced you to four of my friends, didn't I? You also told them about Katie and when we were in the attic, you came up and told me to not call Katie." ,I said panicking.

"No Lisa. This didn't happen. You must be dreaming.", she said.
I immediately dialled Lily's number. "Hey Lily! Where were you this morning?".
"With my mom, shopping. But why would you ask that?" , she said.

I was shocked. "And what about Emily, Arthur and that black haired guy?"
Lily said, "Lisa are you okay? I don't know who is Emily or that black haired guy for that matter! Listen I'll call you back in a while."
I said ,"Yeah. Sure."

Hadley was sitting all the time beside me. She was about to leave when she came close to me and whispered into my ears, " You just shouldn't leave an Ouija board open."

______________________________________________________________________

*  I hope you guys like the story so far. Please comment and vote.
Also I would like to thank paashi19 benaddict31 KratiVerma chaviyadav Akumnabam for voting for my story.
Thank you <3