Chapter 31

"Dad, I think we should call a priest. Please! We have to do this for mom. If not a priest then probably a ghost hunter, who can atleast help us know what's going on here.", I said.

"Fine. We'll call a priest only if your so called ghost hunters are able to prove that there's something wrong with this house", Dad said.

I had seen ghost hunters in movies and I was expecting someone like Ed and Lorraine Warren to come out of 'The Conjuring' and help The Simons.

Somehow Grandma knew someone who could help us.
She called her friend's daughter, who was apparently doing the job of 'ghost hunting'

I was eagerly waiting for her to arrive and jumped out of my seat as soon as I heard the doorbell ring.

"Hello. I'm Tara", she said with a smile.
"Yes. It's good to have you here", I responded.
I welcomed her inside and sat beside her.
Meanwhile Granny and Dad had also come.
Hadley was with Grandpa, sitting in the verandah.

"So what's wrong with this house?", she asked.
"Well, if you're a ghost hunter or whatever you call yourself, you should be able to find that out", Dad said with a cold face.

Granny let out a stare at him and said, "I'm sorry for his behaviour. He just doesn't believe in supernatural things but we do."

"It's completely okay", Tara said with a smile.
"Can I see each and every room of this house?", she asked.
"Sure!", I said and walked along with her.
I was telling her whose room was it was but she wasn't probably interested in knowing that.

"Take me to the attic", Tara said.
"How do you know there's an attic?", I asked.
"I'm good at my job", she said smiling.

I took her to the attic and stood at the door.
She closed her eyes and sat on a chair.
She finally rose and said.
"There are a lot of spirits in your house.
I could see them from the very moment I entered this house."

"A couple standing beside the gate, a man, a really evil lady.
But I'm afraid they aren't that dangerous as this girl.", she said with a tensed look.

"Is it a child? Some 6 or 7 years old?", I asked.
"No. That child is here in the attic. I'm talking about the girl in your sister's room", she said.

"That's what I said. It's some child who is 6 or 7 years old and has befriended Hadley.", I argued.

"She has got nothing to do with your family. The girl who is probably 15 or 16 years old is the one who is the most dangerous", she said.

My jaw dropped to the floor.
I have gone through the entire history of this house. I didn't read about any girl besides Katie.

At that very moment I recollected our initial days in this house. I had this instant flashback.
I remember talking to Hadley.

"Why don't you introduce me to Katie? I want to meet her. Can I?"
Hadley said, "No. She wouldn't meet you because you didn't believe me the first time when I told you about her."

"I know. I'm sorry sweetie, but I do believe you. Can you ask her to meet me?"
Hadley turned her head to her right and said ,"Come on Katie, she is sorry for what she said. Talk to her."

"Hey Katie, who are you?"
"The girl you didn't notice".

It wasn't Katie.

*******************************
Well, sorry for the cliffhanger but it was needed.
I was thinking about ending the story by mentioning some exorcism or stuff like that but my friend Nikitakejriwal suggested me to add one more character to this story to make it all the more interesting.

Thank you so much Nikita❤ for coming up with such an amazing idea that can help me justify the title even better.