Chapter 3

Lisa's POV :-

It must have been an hour since I was sleeping when suddenly I heard the sound of footsteps.
Being half asleep, it took me a minute to realise that someone was running on the terrace.
Hadley. Shit. She could injure herself. I ran as quickly as I could but to my surprise there was no one there.

I stood ,confused, trying to comprehend what just happened. Maybe I was too tired and I was just imagining things.
But I thought to check on Hadley once and there she was, sleeping peacefully in her bed.
I let a sigh of relief and went back to my room.

Mom and Dad had been out to buy groceries and they weren't supposed to come back until late evening. I prepared some sandwiches for Hadley and went to her room.
She was sitting with her eyes wide open.

"Hey, sweetie. When did you wake up?" I asked her.
She just smiled and said , "A couple of minutes ago".
"Are you hungry?"
She nodded.
"I have made your favorite peanut butter sandwiches" I said.

This brought a wide smile on her face and she said, "That's great. Even Katie loves peanut butter".
Hadley's imaginary friends never bothered me but somehow I felt something strange about Katie.

But I brushed my thoughts away, and went to the kitchen to get her sandwiches. I brought a plate full of them which me and Hadley were supposed to eat together, but as soon as I came into her room, the telephone rang.
"Here, sweetie. I'll just attend the phone call and be right back.", I said to her, giving her the plate.

I received the phone call but apparently it was for the previous owner who lived here. I told him that he no longer lives here. Saying this I ended our short conversation and went back to Hadley's room.

My jaw dropped to the floor. Hadley was sitting with an empty plate in her hand.
She just couldn't eat this much in a minute. I know her appetite. She doesn't eat more than a sandwich, or maybe two if she is very hungry.
And she just finished eight sandwiches in a minute. That wasn't possible.

"Hadley, were you very hungry? Because you just took a minute to finish the eight of these." ,I asked her.
She giggled and said ," Are you crazy Lisa? I can't eat that much of food. Katie was really hungry so I asked her to eat with me".

I couldn't take it anymore. "Hadley! Enough of your nonsense. Either you speak the truth or I'm gonna find it out myself. You probably must have thrown the food somewhere just to freak me out. And get this thing clear in your head, I just don't want to hear Katie's name ever again. Do you understand?"

She started crying. I shouldn't have done this. I shouldn't have shouted this bad at her.
I just hugged her and said , "I'm sorry".

______________________________________________________________________
* hey guys! I don't have a lot to say RN :p so please keep voting and happy reading:)*