Chapter 2- Brother

Authors Note
Let's take a moment to take in Carter's beautiful face... Nick Bateman... Let's imagine instead of brown hair and eyes he has black hair and grey eyes. Anyway.. Feel free to vote! Love y'all!

Bella's Pov
I was at home in my room while my dad was in his office doing gang work while avoiding me.. For how many years now? Oh yea 16 years. I'm now 21, I was 5 when my mother got taken away from my life. But you know what I'm good I'm still trailing on with my life..

I'm 21 and run a dance studio.. Which I do love! But... I've always wanted to write and just pursue my passion and let people enjoy my books... Well the idea of my books at least. Then I heard a knock at my door.

I'm always grumpy to everyone except Alec, Chelsea, my students, and my father who I have to respect to show his men that he will not take lip from anyone. Yea right. Respect my butt. My brother Alec barley comes around cause he is busy with his gang. I looked away from my book and said come in with a grumpy tone.

The door slowly opened and I looked from the door back to my book before I saw the persons face then I heard my fathers voice which I rarely do unless it's speaking with someone other than me.

"Isabella. There is someone here to see you" he said his voice distant and cold as ever. I huffed and rolled my eyes silently to myself and set my book down while I got up. Trailing past him in my black short shorts, a off the shoulder white shirt with a pineapple on it, my fuzzy blue socks that come up to my knees, and my hair in a low messy bun.

He told me they were in the living room, while I passed his perverted men they all looked at my butt. My dad orders me to stay with him for protection. It's not like he pays any attention to me. All I have to do 24/7 is watch my back making sure no one is trying to kidnap me or kill me. Easy. Note sarcasm.

I walked into the livingroom and saw my brother Alec that's cool.. Wait... Alec!! I ran to him while he laughed and we both fell into the couch while I squeezed the life out of him.

"Alec! You're here! You're actually here!" I yelled tears building up in my eyes. He pulled back and wiped my tears away and looked at me for a second. Last time I saw Alec my hair was to my shoulders. I got aggravated with it so I let it grow out to my butt and its naturally frizzy and curly in a nice way. And where I ran into him the impact made it come down showing my new long hair to him.

"You look to grown up.." He said looking at me while I laughed and pushed him playfully.

"Your only 5 years older than me. I'm 21 and your 26" I said and he shrugged his shoulders and pulled me back into a tight hug.

"Still. God Bella.. I missed you" he said and I laughed and hugged him back.

"I missed you too"

We stayed like that until we decided to watch a action movie. We decided on Dead Pool. It was so funny me and Alec laughed so hard we had tears in our eyes.

The movie soon got paused and I looked at Alec and he gave me a sad look which I knew what he meant by.. He has to go.. He probably has important things to do.. Like taking care of his gang.. More important than family. Right?

"I'm sorry Bella.."

"It's ok Alec.. I understand. Gang before family.. Dad's motto"

"Bella.."

"No. It's ok Alec. I understand. Goodbye I'll see you in about four more years"

He got up and said nothing and left. I sat on the couch while the movie was paused. I stared at the door for a good 5-10 minutes but then snapped out of it and got up and turned the tv off and went to my bedroom. I so badly wanted to slam the door and scream at the top of my lungs but I know I couldn't because my father would get onto me. So I quietly shut the door and laid on my bed and took an extra pillow and shoved it in my face.

I took a deep breath and took the pillow off and sat up. I couldn't be strong anymore.. I'm sorry mom.. I cried.. For the first time in years, I'm crying from sadness. I'm crying because I never see my brother, my father hates me, and above all this family isn't a family without the motherly roll to keep it together.

Mom always made everyone happy.. When she would walk into the room everyone would just light up. That's what I loved most about her.

That day was an awful day.. I always have nightmares about it.. Sometimes they have mixtures of my new screwed up family but other times it's liked the memory replaying it's self over and over again.. And I see everything in color and it's all vivid.. I can't help but think it's my fault that everything that happened; my mom getting taken and killed, my brother becoming a gang leader, my dad becoming so distant.

I cried and cried until I got to tired of crying I fell asleep awaiting the awful nightmares.

Nightmare
"Mommy! Please don't leave me! Please take me! Not her! Please! Take me instead! Please!" I yelled as the men in creepy mask took her away. It soon faded into the gang house but it looked vacant and I was in my room. Then 2 silhouettes of men came clear to my vision and my brother and father appeared.

"They should have took you!"

"Your mother would have been here today if it wasn't for you!"

My eyes watered from all the things they were saying to me. They soon disappeared and left me on the floor in a curled up ball. The floor soon turned nonexistent but I was still laying there crying.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Authors Note
I hope you guys liked this chapter! Sorry for any typos.

Vote~share~comment